Happy 1987X Easter

Well shit, this thing needs new power tubes. The stock Marshall Tungsols are making funny noise when they ring out. Popped in some JJs from another amp and biased them up and the noise is gone. Guess I’m gonna order a matched pair of JJ EL34-II and give those a shot.

When your new tubes show up but you are stuck at work...

jt52Ztv.jpeg

sLXZ6gI.jpeg

CRFWWnT.jpeg

rH9gU9a.jpeg

vBg1upm.jpeg

That sounds great. Was the amp mic'd or did you use a load box?

Just a Suhr Reactive Load and the AXEIII for effects and IR.

Amp wasn't even that cranked. I don't know what it is about these Reissues but this thing seems like it has a ton of bright gain even at "lower" volumes.

FjRjcgv.jpeg

Just a Suhr Reactive Load and the AXEIII for effects and IR.

Amp wasn't even that cranked. I don't know what it is about these Reissues but this thing seems like it has a ton of bright gain even at "lower" volumes.

FjRjcgv.jpeg
Where did you snag the reissue from? Are you based in US?

Sounds great!

LOL I just listened to this on an iPad and it’s all pushed over to the Left because of my deaf ass mixing on headphones with compensated levels and forgetting before Rendering. Fucking hearing loss. Oh well… Plexi or death! :satan

I don't know what it is about these Reissues but this thing seems like it has a ton of bright gain even at "lower" volumes.

That's the bright cap on the Vol 1 pot doing that.

The louder you turn it up, the less effect you'll get from the bright cap.

"Dime" Vol 1, and the cap is essentially out of the circuit.

PSA the -20dB attenuator on the Two Notes Torpedo Captor works great for at home playing. I was able to dime both volumes and all the controls and easily stand next to the cab without it wrecking me.

A much different experience though a cab (EVH 2x12) vs. reactive load and speakers.

1EbWVPY.jpeg

Maxed out at around 94dB, totally livable.

tIxVauf.png

PSA the -20dB attenuator on the Two Notes Torpedo Captor works great for at home playing. I was able to dime both volumes and all the controls and easily stand next to the cab without it wrecking me.

A much different experience though a cab (EVH 2x12) vs. reactive load and speakers.

1EbWVPY.jpeg

Maxed out at around 94dB, totally livable.

tIxVauf.png

Interesting. I have a captor and have never bothered trying the attenuator. We live in the countryside so noise isn't an issue when my kids up but I'll have to give it a go when he's in bed.

Back