Rate this Marshall Tone Monomyth Modded 1987x Real Amp

what cab here? sounds cool, but more crunchy and old school than most Monomyth stuff I’ve heard. Would love to try one for myself, Shea does excellent work

what cab here? sounds cool, but more crunchy and old school than most Monomyth stuff I’ve heard. Would love to try one for myself, Shea does excellent work
It's a 1998 Mesa 2x12. It has one of the original V30s and a H30 Anniversary. The speakers give it two resonance peaks. Not sure if it makes much difference. Both speakers mic really well in the cabinet. This was the V30.

Just set this amp.

I thought I would see what you guys think of this?

No pedals, straight into the amp mic'd with a single SM57. No post processing.

Listening through real speakers,
I immediately thought heavy metal Scorpions.
The amp is not boosted, the voicing is heavy on the push.
Real solid & dolphin butthole tight(water tight💯)

I played a Skeleton Key briefly at the Monoyith HQ when I picked up the Alta.
I actually thought about that amp the whole way back home..”You’re body is a wonderland” type shit..then I picture me in my climbing gear sending Mayer through the Whisper Chipper…..then cascading back in my mind to vibing with those two voicing/boost toggles on the SK..
-I need 2 Skeleton Keys.
a ‘evil green apple’ one🤘🏻.
& a ‘pimp hand strong purple’ one🤘🏻.

To conclude:
I’m still romancing about it💯

Last edited:
Listening through real speakers,
I immediately thought heavy metal Scorpions.
The amp is not boosted, the voicing is heavy on the push.
Real solid & dolphin butthole tight(water tight💯)

I played a Skeleton Key briefly at the Monoyith HQ when I picked up the Alta.
I actually thought about that amp the whole way back home..”You’re body is a wonderland” type shit..then I picture me in my climbing gear sending Mayer through the Whisper Chipper…..then cascading back in my mind to vibing with those two voicing/boost toggles on the SK..
-I need 2 Skeleton Keys.
a ‘evil green apple’ one🤘🏻.
& a ‘pimp hand strong purple’ one🤘🏻.

To conclude:
I’m still romancing about it💯
I definitely would like to try a Skeleton Key. All the clips I've heard sound quite different than this amp.

My tech took a peak inside and said there were some unusual mods to it.

Back