Happy 1987X Easter

texhex

Roadie
Stoked!

USSPnUJ.jpeg

Last edited:
people on this forum are going places. Good to see that!! Congratulations!

One thing that stands out so far is the great build quality. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it's definitely much better built than I would have thought. I can't see how these go for $3K new though. Highway robbery IMO.

It was biased pretty hot so I backed it down a tad. It's a 2020 model seems to be in pretty good shape.

Sounds classic. I can see why people would mod these to get more gain and a master volume. It really loves an A power chord. :guiness

p4FfxTG.jpeg

4USfYzy.jpeg

frH2z21.jpeg

s7kDg56.jpeg

WmkDClj.jpeg

Hate to say it but the 1987X is making me appreciate the JVM410H even more. Aside from the "authenticity" I think the JVM can really hold it's own and then some vs. the 1987X. :unsure: Sacrilege? Maybe. Time to put these ringing ears to bed.

I can see why people would mod these to get ... a master volume.
Yep, there is a reason Suhr SL67/68 comes with a PPIMV, without it the amp is not practical in any real situation (in my experience).
The other popular solution is a Fryette Power Station.

Hate to say it but the 1987X is making me appreciate the JVM410H even more. Aside from the "authenticity" I think the JVM can really hold it's own and then some vs. the 1987X. :unsure: Sacrilege? Maybe. Time to put these ringing ears to bed.
Sacrilege?
Nah.
The 1959/1987x has a thing, and it's a great thing, when it's the right thing.
The JVM is much more flexible.
I love my rebuilt 1987x. It sounds huge, it sounds muscular.
It's not my only amp and it's not the amp I use the most. though. A PPIMV is highly recommended.

One thing that stands out so far is the great build quality. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it's definitely much better built than I would have thought. I can't see how these go for $3K new though. Highway robbery IMO.

It was biased pretty hot so I backed it down a tad. It's a 2020 model seems to be in pretty good shape.

Sounds classic. I can see why people would mod these to get more gain and a master volume. It really loves an A power chord. :guiness

p4FfxTG.jpeg

4USfYzy.jpeg

frH2z21.jpeg

s7kDg56.jpeg

WmkDClj.jpeg
A PPIV master installed in the normal channel low input may challenge pre-existing notions about how gainy and aggressive Superleads can get. Add an EQ, SD-1, or Rat out front and it’s modded Marshall madness.

Fess up - what number was the volume at? :clint

A PPIV master installed in the normal channel low input may challenge pre-existing notions about how gainy and aggressive Superleads can get. Add an EQ, SD-1, or Rat out front and it’s modded Marshall madness.
RAT FTW.
It would blend the best outta your other suggested products.

Back