Got a free guitar last night.

GIF by Election 2016
Ceilings, indeed!

And if I hadn't been in a Walmart parking lot in Durham, NC (about 1/2 way btwn home in GA and where we're from in MD), waiting for my mil to drop my wife off after a week away I would've hopefully been witty enough to say: an Axe I/O and an Axe I/Y (Ibby Yellow). :rawk

Very nice. Still a little jelly…haha.
I'm not getting a full float setup. Just divebomb. It played really good as it was but curious to see what kind of "magic" I can get out of it after it's been optimized. I haven't figured out if I am going to defile it with a GK pickup yet. That will be for me to see after I get it back. Thing that's cool is I have a double gig bag I bring the strat in. This could fill that other side and I could move my cables to another duffel style bag and leave the V at home.

I'm not getting a full float setup. Just divebomb. It played really good as it was but curious to see what kind of "magic" I can get out of it after it's been optimized. I haven't figured out if I am going to defile it with a GK pickup yet. That will be for me to see after I get it back. Thing that's cool is I have a double gig bag I bring the strat in. This could fill that other side and I could move my cables to another duffel style bag and leave the V at home.
Ahh - that’s perfect. Yeah, drop that sucker on the other side of the gig bag, and pull it out for a couple songs and see how she does.

That's my plan! Looking forward to it. The INF pickups sounded much better than I expected them to. Or the free factor was still intoxicating me :rofl
Yeah, hard to tell sometimes. Is it good “for being free”, or just good. 😊 That’s why you have to road test it and make sure you get past the honeymoon period, haha. I mean free + bumblebee looks = awesome. Hard not to like it on the surface…

Got the Ibby back from the setup. Um; I'm a whammy addict. Jesus christ poverty Lifeson is like always a wang bar away :guinessSeriously; if I actually practiced productively at some point I might be able to be semi good at this sh!t :rofl

Guitar holds a tune, generally speaking; after serious whammy abuse but stll loses a bit on the higher strings. Might need some more stretching. Or for me to stop pretending I am in Slayer :hmm:satan

Got the Ibby back from the setup. Um; I'm a whammy addict. Jesus christ poverty Lifeson is like always a wang bar away :guinessSeriously; if I actually practiced productively at some point I might be able to be semi good at this sh!t :rofl

Guitar holds a tune, generally speaking; after serious whammy abuse but stll loses a bit on the higher strings. Might need some more stretching. Or for me to stop pretending I am in Slayer :hmm:satan

Anxiously awaiting a cover of “The Attitude Song”!

JT describes setting up an Edge-equipped RG for dive-only. Goes on to use the word "defile". Somehow unrelated. o_O

Float that bridge AND put a GK on it. :)

EVH horsie squeals every 4 bars FTW.

van halen GIF
That's my plan! :satan
Anxiously awaiting a cover of “The Attitude Song”!
Insert crickets gif here :bag It did inspire me to go downstairs and subject the fam to some choice Joe Satriani live cuts. That dude is such a ridiculous guitarist. 66 years old too which is NUTS!
JT describes setting up an Edge-equipped RG for dive-only. Goes on to use the word "defile". Somehow unrelated. o_O

Float that bridge AND put a GK on it. :)

FTMFW.

Floating Edge or GTFO
^Yeah on both of these; told my setup guy I would follow his recommendation. He was like "Do you palm mute?" and I was like "Do I palm mute?!?!??!" :satan:satan:satan:satan:satan

That's why it's currently dive only. I did a soft fit of one of the 47 spare GKs I have around the house and it did fit between the bridge and the Floyd. So it will probably become a full float at that point.

Back