Gibson Les Paul Jr Quality Control Question

Deadpan

Shredder
Vendor
To start, no, I really don't have a thing for signature guitars. But it seems the person I buy them from may?

I love this guitar. The pickup is awesome for lower gain stuff and the non adjustable bridge is actually intonated well.

Do you guys think this is acceptable?

20231015_135456.jpg

There looks to be glue showing between the fretboard and neck. There are a few spots where this is present.
20231018_064351.jpg

There is a highly visible swipe mark on the back of the neck from the stain.
20231018_064531.jpg

:oops:

If that is new, or it was used and that stuff was not disclosed, then it is definitely not acceptable.

Looks like there was some kind of fretboard separation at some point that was just slapped together.

If that is new, or it was used and that stuff was not disclosed, then it is definitely not acceptable.

Looks like there was some kind of fretboard separation at some point that was just slapped together.
The guitar is only a few weeks old and I did buy it used.

Note, for the price I am OK with it but it is kinda shocking.

Crazy this is a brand new guitar. Is that finish checking in the second pic behind the strap button? You could probably get a luthier to match the neck if you stole the thing. That will definitely affect resale, IMO.

Crazy this is a brand new guitar. Is that finish checking in the second pic behind the strap button? You could probably get a luthier to match the neck if you stole the thing. That will definitely affect resale, IMO.
The nitro seems well applied without checking. It looks like someone applied too much pressure or not enough stain on the wood.

I see these guitars and they immediately remind me of the Epiphone model I bought my son years ago for $99. I know I shouldn't; but I have real troubles reconciling that with a Gibson branded model.

To start, no, I really don't have a thing for signature guitars. But it seems the person I buy them from may?

I love this guitar. The pickup is awesome for lower gain stuff and the non adjustable bridge is actually intonated well.

Do you guys think this is acceptable?

View attachment 12123
There looks to be glue showing between the fretboard and neck. There are a few spots where this is present.
View attachment 12124
There is a highly visible swipe mark on the back of the neck from the stain.
View attachment 12125
Imma need some better pics to judge by

I see these guitars and they immediately remind me of the Epiphone model I bought my son years ago for $99. I know I shouldn't; but I have real troubles reconciling that with a Gibson branded model.
I understand for sure.

This one is a beautifully setup machine though.

Imma need some better pics to judge by
Was really hard to photo them due to glare.

With this photo it doesn't look like glue but rather the material used to fill in the dots on the side:

20231018_121933.jpg

Here is another photo of the neck, the severity in both photos look different and I would say in person it is in between then.

20231018_064454.jpg

Back