Getting motivated to clip again.

"RIGHTS:" :oops: :rofl

Also; taking it back to the 128k :love

This is actually a great first go round \m/ You have that Ripper Owens thing in your voice.

It all started cuz I heard a riff on an episode of Metalacalypse that I wanted to do my own version of, I needed a drum part to figure it out so I sat down behind the V-drums and played the part then went back to my guitar to play the riff, that basically kept happening over and over until there was a full song done. There wasn’t a single point where I made the connection of “I should record a whole song”, it just worked out that way, which is the funniest part about it.

I’ve gotten the Ripper comparison before but I’ve never really heard him sing more than a song or two, I really gotta check him out more.

It all started cuz I heard a riff on an episode of Metalacalypse that I wanted to do my own version of, I needed a drum part to figure it out so I sat down behind the V-drums and played the part then went back to my guitar to play the riff, that basically kept happening over and over until there was a full song done. There wasn’t a single point where I made the connection of “I should record a whole song”, it just worked out that way, which is the funniest part about it.

I’ve gotten the Ripper comparison before but I’ve never really heard him sing more than a song or two, I really gotta check him out more.
That melodic push thing from the low gut is where it reminds me of him.

That's an easy one. Doom Metal isn't a clipworthy style. You can thank me later.
The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

IMO much better. But I should add that this is far away from music I'm exactly familiar with, so better ask someone else as well.
And add a bass, FFS!
These riffs are really nothing. The drum riffs are all in the prechorus(?) subfolder hence cymbal explosion. I do like how easily I threw some slop on top so that's encouraging if nothing else :unsure:

Bought the Doom metal expansion pack in the Toontrack black Friday sale. I'll have to find a new excuse for not clipping now :unsure: :oops::ROFLMAO:

Nice! I have a few things in my Cart. I'll pull the trigger. The fineprint says the prices
are good until Dec. 1.... so I have to add more in the meantime. :LOL:

These riffs are really nothing. The drum riffs are all in the prechorus(?) subfolder hence cymbal explosion. I do like how easily I threw some slop on top so that's encouraging if nothing else :unsure:

I know. But seriously, you only know about the quality about your drums once there's a bass as well.

@JiveTurkey Which EZX is the Doom one? I’ve got the Drums of Destruction and 70’s Prog midi in my cart right now and wouldn’t mind some Doom grooves.

Back