Getting motivated to clip again.

depressed fight club GIF

You just made me realize I have to print to SoundCloud and I’m gonna be devastated by the destruction of my 200 fader mix. All of his cool imaging shit too will be destroyed.

Sad Fight Club GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

depressed fight club GIF

You just made me realize I have to print to SoundCloud and I’m gonna be devastated by the destruction of my 200 fader mix. All of his cool imaging shit too will be destroyed.

Sad Fight Club GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
What are the options for lossless streaming hosting services?

I know nobody wants to hear this, including me… But I do think getting the master “right” improves your chances of surviving those flippin’ streaming platforms.

Regardless, they’re all costing you fidelity… There’s no way you end up with 10% of the data and it sounds the same, unless you really can’t hear shit.

I think there are always going to be compromises in 'streaming' platforms. Being able to download is key I think, because you can get the best file. First that comes to mind is Bandcamp, it has both services.

Just learned you can force SoundCloud to stream lossless ..

By going to your Library and then tapping the three dots in the top right corner to access your settings page. From that page choose 'Streaming Quality' and then tap "High Quality audio".

:farley

I'm right there with ya. Been on my ass too long. Felt good to do something productive yesterday but when I make songs I go all in and then don't want to write again for a month lol.

I need to get a drum loop library I think. I write mostly based on drums because I'm a drummer first.

Just learned you can force SoundCloud to stream lossless ..

By going to your Library and then tapping the three dots in the top right corner to access your settings page. From that page choose 'Streaming Quality' and then tap "High Quality audio".

:farley

I’m definitely interested to hear how that sounds. I’ve been uploading wavs to Dropbox for anything that I think is ‘important’ enough.

Do all the things! :LOL:

If I’m being fully transparent… Half of those faders are (at least 1/3 of them) are the drum kit. It’s from a producers kit inside of logic, and they really crammed the shit out of it.

I generally keep it closed, rather than expanded. But I opened it to go fiddle with the kick and snare a little bit.

I think there are always going to be compromises in 'streaming' platforms. Being able to download is key I think, because you can get the best file. First that comes to mind is Bandcamp, it has both services.

Streaming = WTF happened here. :idk

The trouble with downloads is I doubt people take the time. That's why and how
people get stuck on a single platform and never depart from it. Go somewhere else
to listen to audio, or read an article? I can't be bothered. That's asking way too much!

May my exceedingly low estimation of other people be utterly wrong! :beer

Streaming = WTF happened here. :idk

The trouble with downloads is I doubt people take the time. That's why and how
people get stuck on a single platform and never depart from it. Go somewhere else
to listen to audio, or read an article? I can't be bothered. That's asking way too much!

May my exceedingly low estimation of other people be utterly wrong! :beer
Well I've made it point to download and purchase albums of artists I really enjoy. Most has been newer music. I think it's the right thing to do because they aren't getting paid well from streaming.

I only go to SoundCloud when life has been going well and I need to mix a little depression back in to my life.

I upload most of my stuff to my Apple Music library first and it sounds almost exactly like the final mix, when streaming to stuff via Bluetooth. Same exact file on SoundCloud gets overly compressed all to hell, adds a ton of top end air, and has the grainy sheen that gets washed over it that I can’t un-hear.

Kinda sucks because I send some of this stuff to old buddies and I’m like, just imagine this, but way better, trust me! :rofl

My experience is Dropbox has the best quality for streaming of the platforms I have tried. You can upload
a WAV file and it won't be compressed to an MP3. Upload a WAV file to SC or or other platforms and unless
you are paying their "Pro" subscription monthly service they will compress it to a low-quality MP3.

I ain't writing and uploading Bangers, so in the grand scheme of things this is not as much a tragedy as
an annoyance. :idk

I only go to SoundCloud when life has been going well and I need to mix a little depression back in to my life.

I upload most of my stuff to my Apple Music library first and it sounds almost exactly like the final mix, when streaming to stuff via Bluetooth. Same exact file on SoundCloud gets overly compressed all to hell, adds a ton of top end air, and has the grainy sheen that gets washed over it that I can’t un-hear.

Kinda sucks because I send some of this stuff to old buddies and I’m like, just imagine this, but way better, trust me! :rofl

Apple Music isn’t bad. I print to the Apple every bounce.

I can text versions pretty easily

My experience is Dropbox has the best quality for streaming of the platforms I have tried. You can upload
a WAV file and it won't be compressed to an MP3. Upload a WAV file to SC or or other platforms and unless
you are paying their "Pro" subscription monthly service they will compress it to a low-quality MP3.

I ain't writing and uploading Bangers, so in the grand scheme of things this is not as much a tragedy as
an annoyance. :idk

If you have a “Pro” membership, it will not compress them?

I’d almost pay the ransom just so when we do the challenges here you could get feedback on a track that sounds remotely close to what I hear in Apple Music.

If you have a “Pro” membership, it will not compress them?

I’d almost pay the ransom just so when we do the challenges here you could get feedback on a track that sounds remotely close to what I hear in Apple Music.

Didn't they hit you up with an pop up when you were uploading a file?

Back