Gawd I LOVE The JPIIC Model In The Fractal!!

I have a soft rule where I don't buy an amp if it's explicitly modeled in the Axe-Fx. (For example, I have an EVH 5150 III 50 Stealth. A similar model exists, but not the exact amp.)

Anyway, I consider breaking that rule every time I see a JPIIC pop up for sale. Great, great model, and I have no doubt the real deal is fire.

I have a soft rule where I don't buy an amp if it's explicitly modeled in the Axe-Fx. (For example, I have an EVH 5150 III 50 Stealth. A similar model exists, but not the exact amp.)

Anyway, I consider breaking that rule every time I see a JPIIC pop up for sale. Great, great model, and I have no doubt the real deal is fire.
I had it for a bit. Talk about a little cinder block! I prefer my Badlander to it quite a bit. The Mark stuff is the real world lost in tweakland that I want to get away from by using a real amp.

I had it for a bit. Talk about a little cinder block! I prefer my Badlander to it quite a bit. The Mark stuff is the real world lost in tweakland that I want to get away from by using a real amp.
The Badlander is on my radar. I keep telling myself "just use the FAS Modern 1/2/3," but it looks like such a sweet amp.

I almost pulled the trigger on one before I bought the Axe. I'm glad I didn't, especially since that would've brought my Mesa amp total to 6.

The Badlander is on my radar. I keep telling myself "just use the FAS Modern 1/2/3," but it looks like such a sweet amp.
It's a polite sounding amp. In a good way. The JP is a little BEAST. I'd say it depends what you are wanting.

I'm glad I didn't, especially since that would've brought my Mesa amp total to 6.

I fail to see an issue here? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On one of the songs I'm working on, I was using the IIC++ model on one side and had a 5150 on the other for the scratch track but Friday night when I was dicking around with it I ended up switching to the JPIIC. My dream amp rig would be a Friedman JJ paired with a JPIIC+.

I've never played through a JPIIC, but "coloring outside the lines" with my Dual Rec, i.e., using the various modes to squeeze out the "uncommon" tones, and being really surprised at just how versatile it can be, I can only imagine the JP can get all sorts of tones. From reading many reviews, it seems it's a bit more focused than a Mark V, but not by much.

One thing I discovered is that John doesn't use a Boost. For leads he just switches from the Yellow Channel to the Red.

I am guessing he maybe uses that preamp Boost built into his Majesties??

I am guessing he maybe uses that preamp Boost built into his Majesties??
I've never heard him mention using it, but I'm pretty sure he does have a boost pedal or 2 in his drawer, and I think I remember him saying he'll kick it on once in a while.

Petrucci is awesome. I remember watching his videos on VHS. Too bad I didn’t follow them to shredville.

If he has one in there, it’s definitely hasn’t been for long and wasn’t a permanent thing. He switches out all the pedals in front of his amps, I seem to recall seeing a Spark in there at one point but I get the idea he rotates those pedals out quite a bit unless it’s one of his sig pedals. And I think that’s only happened in the last decade or so, that he started using stuff in front of the amps. Even back in the Recto days he wasn’t boosting them.

I was curious how he was using that boost on the JP’s, he usually has a preset/scene change for leads but I suppose if there’s a song where he’s already got some effects going and he’s staying on the same channel, hitting the boost for a lead would make sense then. I know he never had one in his older rigs.

Back