Gawd I LOVE The JPIIC Model In The Fractal!!

I've done all that. It's part of the reason I can make a thread like this in the first place.
But from the first notes I played through the (Archetype Petrucci) plugin, that particular aspect of the fizz I'm hearing, wasn't/isn't there.

It also isn't there when I listen to Cooper Carter's demo videos of the JPIIC in the Axe III, using his Majesty. Which is odd. I'm using the same exact preset he's using, and I'm pretty sure he has said he didn't use any post-processing.

Edited to add: I'm pretty certain it has something to do with my hearing being more sensitive to highs at low volume, even if that doesn't explain why I notice a difference between using the Petrucci Rig preset in the Axe, vs. the other things I mentioned.
When someone on YouTube says they haven’t done any post-processing, I guarantee they’re still running the entire video through a mastering suite or set of effects on their master bus for the video mix. This will typically brighten up and compress any sound you hear online.

I had it for a bit. Talk about a little cinder block! I prefer my Badlander to it quite a bit. The Mark stuff is the real world lost in tweakland that I want to get away from by using a real amp.
This post hasn't aged well as I'm suddenly thinking about where I can pick up a Mk of some sort. You know; at Christmas time
:oops: :bag :sofa:rofl

Back