GAS intensifies….

DrewJD82

Staff member
I’ve wanted a Solar 7-string Explorer type since I got my 6-string, but I want one in 26.5” scale and they’ve only made them in 25.5”, this weekend they put this out, their X shape (pointier than the E/Explorer type) and it’s 26.5” and would certainly cover the Dimebag tribute aspect of things-

IMG_0122.png

IMG_0121.png

IMG_0120.png

Solar intrigues the hell out of me.
Hurry up and buy it so we can get a first hand trustworthy report on them!

:giggle:

Ya must have missed the last 3 years of me loving the shit out of this!
(Pay no attention to the wounds on the side…..drunken antics))
IMG_6489.jpeg

I’ll have no problems buying a Solar again. This was a B-stock because of a pinhead indentation somewhere on it that took me 5 minutes to find and I haven’t seen it since. I think it was $1200 and it’s an absolute beast of a guitar. Outstanding fretwork, the overall fit and finish is something I’d expect on a MIJ Ibanez. There’s been some QC issues with other guitars over the last few years, during the pandemic a couple fingerboards cracked but it all seems to have been cleared up by now.

IMG_4372.jpeg

Super comfy neck joint, too. The way this guitar sits on me when standing, my fretting hand falls exactly on the 12th fret, exactly why I’m going with these for live guitars with the metal band(s).
IMG_6490.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

The pots/switch do feel a bit cheapish, not surprising for the price range/country of origin. Had an outstanding setup when it arrived, I just needed to intonate it for drop C and I was off to the races. I did change the bridge pickup to a Nazgul, the stock pickups are fine, but just fine. No real character of their own and I want something specific from this.

@Iron1 is another Solar fan, he’s got a few of ‘em!

Last edited:
With a machete?!

Close, butcher knife. :rofl

My buddy was telling a friend of his how I don’t care about aesthetic issues on guitars that don’t affect the playability. In a very drunken state I decided to show them an example. And that was the last night I thought Jaeger shots while slamming cocktails was a good idea.

Close, butcher knife. :rofl

My buddy was telling a friend of his how I don’t care about aesthetic issues on guitars that don’t affect the playability. In a very drunken state I decided to show them an example. And that was the last night I thought Jaeger shots while slamming cocktails was a good idea.

How Can You Live With Yourself Will Ferrell GIF by filmeditor

:rofl

Back