Let’s talk 7 Strings

Just put an offer in for a used KM7 Mki. Trans black with Sentient and Nazgul. On the local ads.

And now the waiting game begins.
Assuming it’s been taken care of, you won’t be disappointed.

Just put an offer in for a used KM7 Mki. Trans black with Sentient and Nazgul. On the local ads.

And now the waiting game begins.
It’s a nice guitar. Here’s mine:

IMG_8534.jpeg

How'd you get an orange one? Coincidentally I was thinking of doing an orange paint job on this one. I'm ok with black but I like nice colours.
I'd probably hold out for an orange then tbh. Unless you are really good with paint jobs!

How'd you get an orange one? Coincidentally I was thinking of doing an orange paint job on this one. I'm ok with black but I like nice colours.
The MK1 came in three colors - Transparent Black, Transparent White, and Lambo Orange. I think the MKII had a Kawasaki Green (Orange was retired). I think the transparent finishes were more popular as I don’t see too many of the bright colored models around.

I'm finding it very hard what to choose. Was also looking at this Schecter today. It has great specs for a low price. A perfect do-er upper.

Sunset6%20Extreme.Grey%20Ghost.01.png

I won't be getting it 'til the end of Summer so I'm not under pressure. You never know what might come out in the meantime.
And they moved the controls away from the bridge and bridge PU - good job Schecter although I'm sure it was at Keith's request.

Manufacturers needs to take this control design placement into consideration when a guitar is obviously designed more for heavy styles of music.

If I want to do volume swells I'll use a pedal.

Last edited:
I know this threads been all over the place but I just got a 7 string as well.

A little background this is probably my 6th 7 string that I've owned. From Agile to Caparison and I must say I'm glad I ended up with this one.

The Caparison is hands down the best I've had and maybe one day I can get another but 2nd to that were the KM7 Mkiii and the Reaper 7 Multiscale being a close 3rd.

Well now I have to say this one may be right up there with the KM7.

I tried a couple of different Banshee Mach 7 but I don't think the Thin U is for me while the thin C is almost perfect.

It plays fantastic looks amazing to me and I just gel with it pretty well. Yes it is missing a string, this guitar was abused by the previous owner but the price reflected that. $680 to my house with Hardshell case, a couple of dings, a few bruises but nothing that affects playability.

I prefer to take care of my shit but at this point in time I couldn't find this guitar for under $1,100 used and thats without a case so sure, ill save $500 and deal with a few bumps.

Anyhow as I said it plays fantastic but I will say I am not a die hard Fishman fan at all. That is the one quam I had with the KM7. They dont sound bad really, in fact they sound good but to me they just sound so generic without character. Some of my favorites are SD Black Winter and Motor City Hothead. The Fishman Modern is a little better I suppose, it's been years since I had the KM7 and a different amp so it's hard to compare.

From the little research I did Black Winters might not even fit in this guitar?

Anyway sorry for the long post just wanted to share. I really wanted the KM7 mk ii Trans black, that would have been an easy pickup swap too but with the way prices are these days there's no way I'd have gotten one. So I ended up with this and I'm happy with the purchase. 8/10 guitar apart from the dings. Excellent.

1000014390.jpg

Back