GAME OVER, Atomic CLR, Laney LFR, Fender FR12, etc.!

You need to try a cab with an f12 x200 Celestion. I have two in passive Xitone wedges with a gt1000fx 2u power amp. It’s the only fr fr that I can live with. They sound and feel like guitar cabs.
F12s are killer.

Last edited:
It is, without overcomplicating things, a 140-watt speaker cab, complete with a 10” woofer, two high-frequency tweeters, and a full audio spectrum frequency response designed for optimizing Spark series amps.

With an aesthetic that fits seamlessly into Positive Grid’s current amp lineup, the Spark CAB is also very, very lightweight – it’s only 29.76 lbs (13.5kg) – which continues the company’s penchant for ultra-portable rigs.

Very surprised it's 30lb for a 140 watt Class D and 10" woofer.

Two tweeters is very interesting. Probably means it's OK to orient it vertically or horizontally.

Glad to see the low/mid priced FR space have some activity.

The iLoud Micro Monitors are outstanding, underrated, and punch well above their weight/size. Pricing has gone up since Covid though.
I absolutely love mine for my little HX Stomp practice area. They’re more of a very-nearfield monitor, so they sound huge in a very small space. I have mine about 2-1/2 to 3 feet apart and have them angled in at about 45 degrees, sitting about 2 feet away.

Has anybody built the FR12 cab?
I have, it was maybe a slight improvement over the Mesa thiele 1x12 cab I first had it in.
I like the F12M 150 better for pure amp modeling because it doesn’t have the separate high frequency driver it has a 3 cone design instead.I have one of them in a traditional guitar cab.

For modeler plus synth the F12 X200 is probably better
there is a member at the other place jeffff250? I think. He made some subtractive IR’s for them that model specific speakers. Basically makes them work like a Kemper Kone. They work well especially with the F12M-150

Know you guys already made up your mind, but, this looks... fine? It's a bit of a niche product, but an interesting option for the bedroom player.

Last edited:
I take everything by Positive Grid with a huge grain of salt and pass it straight to the:

01g4kfw8ppqvd45pjfaa.jpg

Absolutely 0 interest in anything they offer.
Too many issues with a couple of past products that were just pitiful with both quality and support.

Everybody and their uncle are jumping on the "FRFR" Train ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obligatory “competition is good” comment.

Mesa has something cooking; there was some sort of leak last year about a “CabClone Live” cabinet. Will be interesting to see what it is.
Honestly, if Mesa did their typical build quality, took the Celestion F12 and it’s specs for a cabinet, and stuck in one of its amps it uses for the Subway/Rosette stuff, that’d be killer. And as you all know, I do work for a Mesa shop, but I do NOT have any knowledge of this at all. Unfortunately.

Back