GAME OVER, Atomic CLR, Laney LFR, Fender FR12, etc.!

paisleywookiee

Rock Star
Positive Grid has a new "FRFR", so you can take your shitty Positive Grid tones on the road!

EDIT

Specs look a little anemic for playing with a drummer, BUT for $269 if it sounds good, would be a cool portable speaker for a modeler.

Hey, $299 for a cute little 140w "FRFR" cab is not bad at all! I like the fact that it has a USB-C/barrel plug power out too; you could easily power a floor modeler, or a desktop amp with it.

Frame_1813_d38bba7f-5b5a-4049-8b3b-a2f7150e2b7a.jpg

At this point though, i'm dead set on buying buy a FR-12. That thing looks amazing at $500-ish.

Last edited:
Can't help but think 120W Class D will be underpowered for anything but (solo) practice, though. The new Fenders look much more viable.

But, this is perfect for the bedroom warrior.

And yes, the power outputs provided will feed pretty much anything you'd ever want to connect to this thing,

But, this is perfect for the bedroom warrior.

And yes, the power outputs provided will feed pretty much anything you'd ever want to connect to this thing,
Sure. If it sounds good, then I'm actually the target demographic. I almost never get loud anymore. And the price is right. But is it any more portable than the clearly more versatile/ scalable Fender FR? (Turns out it's actually about 5lbs heavier LOL.)

Positive Grid ranks alongside IK Multimedia for me - i.e. maybe an iPhone app now and again, but hardware...?

I think it sits in an interesting place for home players using modelers. Good FRFRs can be expensive and loud. Plus they'll go on sale so you could probably get one for 15% off or more.

It may not be the best but it's probably good enough for a lot of people who aren't playing out.

Last edited:
Looks cool enough?
I agree and I find positive grids stuff looks very classy in general
The Tolex is well done the grill cloths are premium the knobs they use are solid
I have seen much worst Tolex and finishes on amps costing a lot more

Would be hilarious if it was just a Headrush FR10 in a fake cab
Looking at the back panel, it looks very similar. But not the same - the USB, DC, and switching are a little different.

3.5mm input for Spark amp input is one of those things that makes my inner gear snob twitch. And why would you have a stereo input on this thing anyway? It's a mono cab with mono output.

Would be hilarious if it was just a Headrush FR10 in a fake cab

I guess I'd be interested to know is it a super cheap P.A. speaker or is it a big studio monitor?
Neither? Upmarket Bluetooth speaker without the Bluetooth

Aaaaarrrgh, let’s try again:

I bet it sounds better than a lot of Bluetooth speakers out there, is about as loud as the loudest, and adds some serious functionality, if in sacrifice of the actual Bluetooth.

Back