Fractal Talk

Metal = the P&W of overdriven guitars.
Reverse Game Night GIF by Mattel

One thing that I seldom see mentioned is that if you have both an Axe FX III with a FC-12 and a FM9 for gigs you can also use the FC-12 with the FM9.

While some would consider that overkill and many don't have the space for it, the possibilities are almost endless with the two working together,
Yeah that could be quite cool.

A YouTube commenter on that video also mentioned that there's a gap in amp channel switching on the Axe-FX 3 that's not on the FM9.
No, that's not correct... And in fact, recent updates on the Axe Fx III added gapless switching of scenes, channels and presets.
No. The Axe-Fx 3 has about double the processing power of the FM9 so which core is used doesn't matter.
Yes, it does, actually.

There was recently a thread from someone who created a preset on the FM9 that was over 85% on the Axe Fx III.

Running 2 Reverb blocks at Ultra High quality is "free" on the FM9. On the Axe Fx III, that uses a lot of CPU.

The FM9 also runs Delays on a dedicated core so they also don't count against your CPU.

So I have been a nerd.

1706034296714.png

Across the three main albums that Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster has, I have 53 unique combinations of amp channel and range of pedals/effects.

This means I would need 53 presets in Fractal land, if I wanted to just make a preset for each one and make use of the gapless switching to switch between them.

If I drop 3 of the least important ones, then I can get away with just having 5 banks on my FC-12 controller.... 10 preset switches for each one.... and then tuner and tap tempo on the last two switches. Otherwise it is 5 full banks, and a 6th partial bank.

Back