Fractal Releases FM3-B in Japan only? Bass players rejoice!

Achilles

Rock Star
1713652579430.png

Last edited:
Lol. Why the hell did they list it that way? 😆

Japanese/English translation issue most likely.

It does have a Bass Presets Pack installed - how'd they do that and still list it as new?

1713655304858.png

Quite smart, IF they have gotten permission from AustinBuddy to transfer the license of his Pack.

Doesn't the unit have to be opened and plugged in to install a pack? I'd imagine that could present some warranty issues.

Doesn't the unit have to be opened and plugged in to install a pack? I'd imagine that could present some warranty issues.
Any unit sold by someone other than Fractal or an official distributor would not be considered "new"...

If it's a distributor then they load firmware and perform QA so it has to be opened in any case.

It’s japan. And the product is boxed. The description is a bit silly but that’s about it.

I saw enough Fractals in Japanese guitar stores like Ikebe, Ishibashi etc that they are definitely not just sold by one official place. I expect Okada is the importer and distributor for Japan and the shops buy from them.

Advertising it for bass is certainly stretching it, considering bass Dyna-Cabs are still nowhere to be seen and there's what, 6 bass amps in total?

I saw enough Fractals in Japanese guitar stores like Ikebe, Ishibashi etc that they are definitely not just sold by one official place. I expect Okada is the importer and distributor for Japan and the shops buy from them.

Advertising it for bass is certainly stretching it, considering bass Dyna-Cabs are still nowhere to be seen and there's what, 6 bass amps in total?
Not surprised. I'd be interested to find out that once the stores buy stock from the official distributor, if the person that buys the unit has a full warranty since they would be the second buyer. And obviously, any unit with a preset pack already loaded isn't "new" regardless of what they call it..

Hi everyone. My first post here.

Yes, I have had a relationship with Okada in Japan for a few years now to sell AustinBuddy TonePacks for Fractal gear there via them directly.

Okada asked to bundle my 200+ Bass TonePack with the FM3 and now the FM9 that they sell in Japan, and I agreed. They also sell LiveGold and Brit Rock Royalty #1 there too. I don't control this kind of pricing or anything (that seems pretty steep for an FM3, but who knows what the market/availability is like there).

The language translations don't always work. The TonePack description above should say Scene 1-4 is just a bass amp signal output in MONO, while Scene 5-8 splits signal to stereo, to have that same bass amp out one channel (L) but then ADD a DI signal out the other channel (R), which can mixed/blended at a mixing board in a studio or a live gig by FOH...which is how many pros do it. So we set that up in the preset to make it easy (no DI box needed!).

Half the 200+ Bass bank's content are just the bass amp models (with some Fenders and Marshalls and some emulations like GK) in four tones ranging from clean to gain-ey, but with a good bit of different and various cab configs (this was made pre-Dyna Cab)... the other half are "Artist Style" presets that use various different basses and cover a lot of genres, from the 60's to modern tones.

So -- nothing nefarious going on here! Just helping to getting some bass love directly to Fractal players in Japan!

Some time back a top Japanese bass player named Teppei did a video review as well... not that I can understand any of it of course!

I can imagine going to gigs in Toyko using mass transit with a bass slung on your back and just the FM3 rather than an lugging a real amp around the way to do business now...

Next month (in May), local bass Austin player Scott Nelson, who helped me get the 200+ bass TonePack together as my bass player and I are going to do an Episode of "That AustinBuddy TonePack Sow" on it and demo some sounds...he also some demos for the old (pre-Axe-FX III era) AX8 version that is on my YouTube channel.

Yes, I have had a relationship with Okada in Japan for a few years now to sell AustinBuddy TonePacks for Fractal gear there via them directly.

Okada asked to bundle my 200+ Bass TonePack with the FM3 and now the FM9 that they sell in Japan, and I agreed. They also sell LiveGold and Brit Rock Royalty #1 there too. I don't control this kind of pricing or anything (that seems pretty steep for an FM3, but who knows what the market/availability is like there).

The language translations don't always work. The TonePack description above should say Scene 1-4 is just a bass amp signal output in MONO, while Scene 5-8 splits signal to stereo, to have that same bass amp out one channel (L) but then ADD a DI signal out the other channel (R), which can mixed/blended at a mixing board in a studio or a live gig by FOH...which is how many pros do it. So we set that up in the preset to make it easy (no DI box needed!).

Half the 200+ Bass bank's content are just the bass amp models (with some Fenders and Marshalls and some emulations like GK) in four tones ranging from clean to gain-ey, but with a good bit of different and various cab configs (this was made pre-Dyna Cab)... the other half are "Artist Style" presets that use various different basses and cover a lot of genres, from the 60's to modern tones.

So -- nothing nefarious going on here! Just helping to getting some bass love directly to Fractal players in Japan!
Welcome! Everything I have ever tried from your TonePacks has always been killer!

Welcome to TGF

Not surprised. I'd be interested to find out that once the stores buy stock from the official distributor, if the person that buys the unit has a full warranty since they would be the second buyer. And obviously, any unit with a preset pack already loaded isn't "new" regardless of what they call it..
No idea about Japan but in EU the warranty is transferable... Unlike the US.

Welcome! Everything I have ever tried from your TonePacks has always been killer!
Hi @JT = Thank you very much, I am just glad and grateful that what makes me happy to play preset-wise works for most others too/, and they help make ya'll get inspired to play more and better!

Back