Fractal FM: what’s the point of channels, with that big ass gap?

free freedom GIF

Seriously guys, what’s the point of channels, if there’s a big old gap between switches? Seems kinda pointless if the only real way to mitigate is A. use two amp blocks with scenes, or scenes with overdrive pedals or gain changes within the channel. I’m kinda bummed.
Is there a secret I’m missing?

Not trying to pigpile here because I loved most of my FM9 but that was one of the reasons I sent mine back. That and though I have a decent familiarity with the FAS ecosystem, I am just so comfortable with the HX stuff that the small improvements in tone and feel just didn't push the FM9 past the Helix LT for my use. I could have kept it but I strive for consistency in my tone and I'd be swapping out rigs every other gig if I had both. Now with the LT and GX-100, the GX is a backup and all dialed and ready if it's called off the bench. Honestly I am not tempted to swap rigs out having the GX-100 as the backup. It's good sure but yeah it's a career backup like a scrub quarterback or something.

For the record I have no animosity towards anyone here. It’s all in light hearted internet banter from my perspective. Yes from my perspective the fanboyism from some around here and other forums gets poked fun at by me and that’s a “broken record” to some and thats fine. Feel free to ignore me or engage.. up to you. If it’s the latter and I respond in kind just be sure you have a thick skin.

For the record I have no animosity towards anyone here. It’s all in light hearted internet banter from my perspective. Yes from my perspective the fanboyism from some around here and other forums gets poked fun at by me and that’s a “broken record” to some and thats fine. Feel free to ignore me or engage.. up to you. If it’s the latter and I respond in kind just be sure you have a thick skin.
200.gif

Or you could show some initiative and learn a new song or two. :idk
:idk

Yeah, I quoted you but I didn’t mean to “target” you personally. It was a general observation.

Back