Fractal FM: what’s the point of channels, with that big ass gap?

Stone is probably resident fractal encyclopedia given his recent binge
Well truth be told

giphy.gif

:LOL:

So are you a little happier with the switching situation now, Wookie?
I'm pretty happy with the switching in scenes, because even with one amp block, channel switching model to model is faster than utilizing a channel switch button, which is odd to me, but whatever. Additionally, for just jamming and working shit out, Per-Preset switching is fucking revolutionary. I've got three buttons doing six scenes, three buttons unaffected by scenes doing my amp channels, and then three buttons doing drive, delay, and reverb. This shit is nuts. Seriously, Fractal isn't just about having (IMHO) the best modeling. It's the sheer flexibility.

I'm pretty happy with the switching in scenes, because even with one amp block, channel switching model to model is faster than utilizing a channel switch button, which is odd to me, but whatever. Additionally, for just jamming and working s**t out, Per-Preset switching is f*****g revolutionary. I've got three buttons doing six scenes, three buttons unaffected by scenes doing my amp channels, and then three buttons doing drive, delay, and reverb. This s**t is nuts. Seriously, Fractal isn't just about having (IMHO) the best modeling. It's the sheer flexibility.
It truly is

In my axe/fx days I used to blocks with an expression pedal assigned to them with one in inverse to pan between them.

Seriously guys, what’s the point of channels, if there’s a big old gap between switches? Seems kinda pointless if the only real way to mitigate is A. use two amp blocks with scenes, or scenes with overdrive pedals or gain changes within the channel. I’m kinda bummed.
Is there a secret I’m missing?
Fuck, I’d just get a Helix…..you’re already in the right place for that…..
laugh.gif

I haven’t bothered with dual amp for channel switching in a long time. The gap is pretty dang quick at this point.

Perhaps his budget won't go that low? ;)
My budget won’t go high enough to get another Line 6 right now. I love their stuff, and regret flipping the Stomps I have. The platform keeps getting better and better. I’ll shit-talk Neural all day long, because I think they’re shady.

But I’ll never have anything bad to say about the Line 6 boys and their stuff. I still use Helix Native all the time.

Back