• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Everybody, stop posting!
The end of the thread is near​

Now the Axe 3 has gone Release FW 27 .... do you reckon we will get the Axe 3 FW 27 "fixes" into an FM3 FW 9.1 or FM9 FW 8.1 any day now ?

I would have thought that getting all 3 platforms "on the same FW page" would give Fractal the most clear air opening to launch and bed down its "new product"

Given its been [I think] ~4 weeks or so since Cliff dropped the "few weeks time" comment, you would think it would have to be imminent (?)

Ben

Last edited:
Depends how compact and easy to use it is. I wouldn't buy something like the FX8, but could be interested in something closer to e.g HX Stomp/GT-1000 Core size.

I think Fractal could make a pretty compelling equivalent of the Strymon Timeline, Big Sky or Mobius. I think it becomes instantly less compelling the larger or more complex it is. We already own Fractal multi fx units, theyre called the FM3/9/AxeFx.

Completely new enclosure design? That's big up front investment.
Or a spin on the FM/FC style housing and end caps? Much less financial risk.

I don't see them pouring dollars into new mechanical design and tooling based
on the current world wide economy and their direct only limited sales market.

My guess.

If hardware it's going to be an FM/FC style enclosure that's 2 switch spaces wide and includes all of their time based effects
in an H90 type of approach. Unit comes stock with a few algos and you can choose to purchase more if you want.

upload_2019-4-23_21-54-47.png

I think Fractal could make a pretty compelling equivalent of the Strymon Timeline, Big Sky or Mobius. I think it becomes instantly less compelling the larger or more complex it is. We already own Fractal multi fx units, theyre called the FM3/9/AxeFx.
Absolutely. In a similar manner, it also becomes less compelling if it ends up having the same problem as the FM-series: computer editor is pretty necessary. I don't like e.g the Eventide H9/H90 for that reason.

I would love to see something similar to the SA Collider - just the best Fractal delays and reverbs in one box with a relatively easy user interface to access the basic controls you use all the time. Of course you can still do a lot better than the Collider's user interface with its "which side am I operating and what the values are" issues.

They do have those but maybe the amp guys don’t want the modelling
Depending on price if you start talking about 799
And a box with all FX
Ir loader , Dyna cabs
Amp channel relay switching for some that would be compelling

My hope is that all he meant was a new DynaCab and now that one off-the-cuff comment has turned into 96 pages of wild speculation and expectations that Axe V Ultra is going to be announced any day.

They do have those but maybe the amp guys don’t want the modelling
Depending on price if you start talking about 799
And a box with all FX
Ir loader , Dyna cabs
Amp channel relay switching for some that would be compelling

They could have had an FM3 for this exact purpose and simply ignored the amp block.

We’re talking about a small subsection of people this would potentially attract that weren’t already interested in existing offerings.

Completely new enclosure design? That's big up front investment.
Or a spin on the FM/FC style housing and end caps? Much less financial risk.

I don't see them pouring dollars into new mechanical design and tooling based
on the current world wide economy and their direct only limited sales market.

My guess.

If hardware it's going to be an FM/FC style enclosure that's 2 switch spaces wide and includes all of their time based effects
in an H90 type of approach. Unit comes stock with a few algos and you can choose to purchase more if you want.

View attachment 28323
That should not even deserve FM status.
Call it AM2.

Back