• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of 4CM capabilities isn’t a huge turn off to me, my biggest goal for the amp/pedal based rig was getting Fractal delays/verbs in the effects loop and using pedals in front of the amp. There’d probably be the occasional time I’d want to run a compressor, flange or chorus in front of the amp but that just gives me more reason to get my hands on PastFX stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm... wondering how I might utilise SPDIF....

I can only thing that there is a software option to treat the right channels for the input and output, as your 4-cable-method I/O.

Not supporting 4cm seems ... odd. Unless it is literally just a chorus/delay/reverb box, and no drives or anything like that.
Yep. Also a bit confused here, and wondering whether this may be entirely different from what I imagined. Even with everything we've gotten, it's still a complete mystery.

Not supporting 4cm seems ... odd. Unless it is literally just a chorus/delay/reverb box, and no drives or anything like that.
That's entirely possible. This could be Fractal's answer to the big box Strymons, Meris LVX & Mercury X and Eventide H90, rather than competing with the HX Effects.

And I'm all for that, it sucks that Strymon is making separate Bigsky, Timeline and Mobius MX that are overkill for most users instead of putting all those into one box as a dual algorithm pedal.

I have a dumb question. Is he running 2 boards? Because I don’t see the Friedman pedal I thought he was running.

Not necessarily. If I had to guess it's just effects only so probably FX4

My $$ - if these pictures are accurate - is on a 4 Button *efx* only unit

It has no FX loop guys

Maybe the odds of my bet of an EFX-only unit are getting longer and longer

But I doubt it has amps personally.

And no effects loop
THIS WILL HAVE AMP MODELING . There is no sense in an effects only unit. And I’m willing to die on this hill.

I wonder if this is intended to connect e.g FM3 + "FX4" together, which you could further chain to an audio interface I guess since unlike the FM3, there's both a SPDIF in/out?

Don't know the intention but that seems like a logical explanation. No D/A > A/D conversion required when connecting to another FAS processor, or another one of these new devices, and avoiding added latency.

trapezoid
Surprised New Blood GIF by Dexter

Lack of loop is concerning if this is a FAS multi Fx and not just a delay/verb type pedal. (Timeline/BigSky etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back