• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find!
There’s also a recent vid with Larry Mitchell and Thomas Blug
Where the camera pans to the FM3 at Larry’s feet to show it and Larry says “ Damn it a good thing I didn’t bring that other thing or I would have been responsible for a leak again
Then he goes on to explain how he leaked one of Fractal FMseries at Namm as he was demoing at the Eventide booth

There’s also a recent vid with Larry Mitchell and Thomas Blug
Where the camera pans to the FM3 at Larry’s feet to show it and Larry says “ Damn it a good thing I didn’t bring that other thing or I would have been responsible for a leak again
Then he goes on to explain how he leaked one of Fractal FMseries at Namm as he was demoing at the Eventide booth

Oh god i hope it's a Fractal Stomp of sorts. I could overlook a lot of things for Fractal sounds in a small box.

Last edited:
I hope it is a modern equivalent of the FX8.
What would you like that to be, that the FM3 or FM9 doesn't already do? I'd rather see Fractal make it possible to put their existing units in an "fx only" mode where the DSP from the amp modeling can be reserved for effects instead.

I'm not sure the "effects only" multieffect is a good seller anymore unless it's very compact like say the Eventide H90.

What would you like that to be, that the FM3 or FM9 doesn't already do?

Fractal use to have the FX8. Line6 has the HX-FX.
All the big pedal makers have multi-delay/reverb/modulation like pedals that sell like crazy.

HUGE market for FX only boxes and the whole industry knows who has the best FX.
Why not market an amp/IR-less box just for that?

What would you like that to be, that the FM3 or FM9 doesn't already do? I'd rather see Fractal make it possible to put their existing units in an "fx only" mode where the DSP from the amp modeling can be reserved for effects instead.

I'm not sure the "effects only" multieffect is a good seller anymore unless it's very compact like say the Eventide H90.
I think the FM3 might be slightly compromised by not having the same juicy input magic as the FM9 and Axe3. I also think that 3 footswitches isn't enough. Essentially the hardware is too big and bulky. I'd like to see something along the lines of the QC or HX FX form factor.

Or go the other way and start a line of pedals, for explicit effects categories; so going up against Meris and Strymon for example. The form factor there would be a 3 or 4 button pedal with stereo i/o, midi, desktop editor, etc.

Imagine the entire Fractal reverb block in a pedal, with some nice interaction wrapped around it.

There seems to be a restock of HX Stomps in EU and I can't hold on for longer, my GAS juices are critically low!
Not Moving Wake Up GIF by Travis

Fractal use to have the FX8. Line6 has the HX-FX.
All the big pedal makers have multi-delay/reverb/modulation like pedals that sell like crazy.

HUGE market for FX only boxes and the whole industry knows who has the best FX.
Why not market an amp/IR-less box just for that?
Full blown multifx units are mostly including amp/cab modeling though, because it's not that much cheaper to do them without.

HX Effects is starting to be more of an outlier and the only reason to buy it over the HX Stomp afaik is form factor and footswitches. Eventide H90 is probably the other major modern "just effects" multifx unit.

There's a lot more Boss 200 and 500 series style units that focus on one effect and just provide a lot of options within that. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that from Fractal, or even better something more like the SA Collider that combines Fractal delays and reverbs in one box and can run them in series or parallel.

Full blown multifx units are mostly including amp/cab modeling though, because it's not that much cheaper to do them without.

HX Effects is starting to be more of an outlier and the only reason to buy it over the HX Stomp afaik is form factor and footswitches. Eventide H90 is probably the other major modern "just effects" multifx unit.

There's a lot more Boss 200 and 500 series style units that focus on one effect and just provide a lot of options within that. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that from Fractal, or even better something more like the SA Collider that combines Fractal delays and reverbs in one box and can run them in series or parallel.
That discussion about FX only has gotten such a justifiable derail it seems. "Just don't use the amp and cab modeling" makes perfect sense yet it just feels wrong not to. Stomp size FM with FASlink is still my own goldilocks 4eva.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back