Fortin Meshuggah 2.0

How often did they even use that amp? Like almost never, ever? :idk

I saw Meshuggah at the Trocadero in Philadelphia in 1998 and, IMHO they left a lot to be desired. They definitely improved over the last two decades but that initial impression left a bad taste in my mouth that never went away.

Cannibal Corpse left them in the dust that night.

I saw Meshuggah at the Trocadero in Philadelphia in 1998 and, IMHO they left a lot to be desired. They definitely improved over the last two decades but that initial impression left a bad taste in my mouth that never went away.

Cannibal Corpse left them in the dust that night.

I've seen them 4 or 5 times in the last 10 years and they've always brought it pretty hard

Also, I've always appreciated them for putting some actual thought into the lights and stage production of their concerts, which I've always felt to be veeery lackluster in the more extreme metal world

Amp makers…

There's a wonderful callback to this in Arrested Development where Henry Winkler - who played Fonzie in Happy Days - jumps over a dead shark on a pier and says he's going to Burger King.

The formula to make a new high gain amp:
  1. Take a JCM800.
  2. Add more gain stages. No, even more!
  3. Cut bass early in the circuit. Got to be toight!
  4. Add a ton of resonance for that thumpy sound later in the circuit.
  5. Make sure it looks metal enough. Buying your state's entire black tolex supply should do.
  6. Slap a high price tag on it. High enough that not just any Joe Schmoe is able to buy it and say "Hey, wait a minute, this sounds like a 5150!"

I've seen them 4 or 5 times in the last 10 years and they've always brought it pretty hard

Also, I've always appreciated them for putting some actual thought into the lights and stage production of their concerts, which I've always felt to be veeery lackluster in the more extreme metal world

When I saw them it was 24 years ago. Clearly, by your account, they've grown a lot since then.

If you check out the first few episodes of Seinfeld they were pretty shabby. Time can make all the difference in the world.

Couldn't they just find or make a proper chassis, why did they have to use a four holer, when then putting blind plugs into inputs II...:unsure:
Oh I found why: "Classic British vintage styling" for "extreme metal musicians". I see.

Also: "NOS Erie power supply capacitors":unsure:
I tend to believe, that modern electrolytic caps may have gotten just better, because with all the switching power supplies, they may have evolved a little in the last two or three decades. But, who am I...

They should price it at 60,000,000$, so it's equivalent to a C*ck pushup.
How many you intent to sell? ... One, one is all you need.

There's a wonderful callback to this in Arrested Development where Henry Winkler - who played Fonzie in Happy Days - jumps over a dead shark on a pier and says he's going to Burger King.

The formula to make a new high gain amp:
  1. Take a JCM800.
  2. Add more gain stages. No, even more!
  3. Cut bass early in the circuit. Got to be toight!
  4. Add a ton of resonance for that thumpy sound later in the circuit.
  5. Make sure it looks metal enough. Buying your state's entire black tolex supply should do.
  6. Slap a high price tag on it. High enough that not just any Joe Schmoe is able to buy it and say "Hey, wait a minute, this sounds like a 5150!"
I like the initial breakdown, actually quite accurate but the execution is unique with each. That said, nothing like a 5150. :)

Back