Dual Rec vs Triple vs Lynx vs Fortin vs Sabot vs 5150 vs SLO vs Monomyth vs EVH vs Wizard vs KSR

Deadpan

Shredder
Vendor
Wanted to keep the comparison in one place.

Are there any other amps you would like to hear compared?

Just to note, these are raw amp reamps, no boosts, eq or otherwise used.

Last edited:
No loadbox unfortunately :(

Unless you want me to go from the send of the Badlander to the return of the Stealth and use the headphone out :bag

Unless you want me to go from the send of the Badlander to the return of the Stealth and use the headphone out :bag
reported :cop

can't you use a cab as a load and use the slave output?

Or if the badlander power amp is anything like a dual recto, you could record the preamp out and then use a NAM model of a Recto Poweramp (or a Badlander one if you can find one).

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do you try to make them all sound the sameish or all of them with the same settings and they are this close?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do you try to make them all sound the sameish or all of them with the same settings and they are this close?
The Rectos all had the same settings and the differences in the clip are a good representation of the actual differences.

I did try to match the Lynx closer to the Rectos when dialing it in.

Last edited:
The Lynx is the beat sounding of them all in this clip to my tastes.
But I also don’t go for rectifier tones..

The Lynx is the beat sounding of them all in this clip to my tastes.
But I also don’t go for rectifier tones..
I'll up more as I reamp them. I love Rectos but they NEED a boost IMO.

Some of the other amps I have don't Ned a boost so...

Last edited:
The Rectos all had the same settings and the differences in the clip are a good representation of the actual differences.

I did try to match the Lynx closer to the Rectos when diving it in.
Thank you! They all sound great but I didn’t expect the Lynx to get that close. The Recto scoop is my favorite tone and I am sure a big one is in my future, the mini feels a bit under gained but doing the trick for now.

Amps to hear?

Just use @FuzzyAce's credit card to pick up the ones you don't already have...
Hope his credit limit is high enough haha

Badlander (as already stated) - break out the card
5150 ...
6505+ - modded mine to be both 5150 and +
SLO30 - have the 100
SLO Astro 20 - CC time
Uberschall - have the Synergy module?
ENGL Fireball - credit card please but i may pay you back haha
Invective - is this the same as the 6505+?

Last edited:
Invective - is this the same as the 6505+?
Not really, although it is in the same family of amps. Im sure someone else can speak to the differences more intelligently than me, but it was marketed as a “modern metal update” of the 6505.

Not really, although it is in the same family of amps. Im sure someone else can speak to the differences more intelligently than me, but it was marketed as a “modern metal update” of the 6505.

it can sound 1:1 with the OG 5150 (as in the circuit is the same) depending on how it’s set up. Same transformers too

Back