Dual Rec vs Triple vs Lynx vs Fortin vs Sabot vs 5150 vs SLO vs Monomyth vs EVH vs Wizard vs KSR

Sounds great! I had a Sabot back in 2020? Not sure what version but I couldn't jive with it, unfortunately
V3 added an internal extra tube for an added gain stage. I don't like it with it off unless boosted but the added tube makes it kill. One of my favorites.

Last edited:
Thank you! They all sound great but I didn’t expect the Lynx to get that close. The Recto scoop is my favorite tone and I am sure a big one is in my future, the mini feels a bit under gained but doing the trick for now.
IMG_1083.jpeg
Well hell!

Added 5150 and 6505+:

When you have the "full list" would you be ok starting a new thread and dropping all the posts back-to-back (since the forum software won't allow more than 5 clips per post)? Would love to sit and A/B these, then do it again and again over the coming weeks and months but having to jump between pages makes it a little harder for my old brain to track all of them in comparison.

When you have the "full list" would you be ok starting a new thread and dropping all the posts back-to-back (since the forum software won't allow more than 5 clips per post)? Would love to sit and A/B these, then do it again and again over the coming weeks and months but having to jump between pages makes it a little harder for my old brain to track all of them in comparison.
Sure thing. I probably won't do them all as it's a pain to cart them back and forth to storage. There are a few I want to do for sure like the Wizard and Monomyth Modded Marshall. Probably the 5153 and maybe the Satan.

Sure thing. I probably won't do them all as it's a pain to cart them back and forth to storage. There are a few I want to do for sure like the Wizard and Monomyth Modded Marshall. Probably the 5153 and maybe the Satan.
Nice. Just to clarify, I'm suggesting taking all these clips you're posting and reposting, not lugging out gear and re-recording.

However, if you're tired of the storage fees, you can warehouse them at my place.

I would like to think I'd be partial to the 5150/6505s, but so far the first Mesa Recto and that SLO have been my faves. In a mix, I bet the first Mesa and the 6505 would sound fat together.

I would like to think I'd be partial to the 5150/6505s, but so far the first Mesa Recto and that SLO have been my faves. In a mix, I bet the first Mesa and the 6505 would sound fat together.
Classic mix!

Next up, Monomyth modded Marshall 1987x:

Back