First guitar amp/fx modeler?

Yes. I forgot this was the first multi-fx unit I had. I don't think it had modeling but it has been so long. Obviously; I bought it for the color :satan
Vintage-1998-DigiTech-RP3-jaune-guitare-Processeur-Signal.jpg

Dude, this and your Bumblebee Strat is ALL you need.

Helix LT for me, 2017 I think.
Before that a pedalboard, into a Vox NT head and a beaten up 2x12 Vox cab that had those unknown to me speakers that had a name like a city or English town or something.
Jumped on the HX Stomp at release and its my favorite to this day. Tried a bunch of other digital, Iridium, MX5, a Walrus thingy... buuuut, Stomp always had my heart and I think it will remain like that for a while. But that was not the topic so ill just shut up now ok.

My first was a ZOOM 505 as well. Absolutely hated it and used it maybe three times.

Bought it when I moved into an apartment and needed a headphones option. Thought it would at least sound as good as my old Rockman Soloist, boy was I wrong. Kind of turned me off digital for a long time.

After that, I didn't try any until the Helix Floor, FM3, Stomp, Stage… and the only one I still have is the Stomp. I may get the FM9 “Turdo”… we'll see. :grin

Last edited:
I can't recall what was my very first amp, but was a just a little cheap clean single channel amp.
anyways later on my first real amp has been a Fender Deluxe 85 solid state amp, like this one

Fender deluxe 85.jpg

I paired with this Ibanez pue5 at some point

boss pue5.jpg

My first digital multi fx has been and ART multiverb alpha I used for decades.

art multiverb alpha.jpg

I can't recall what was my very first amp, but was a just a little cheap clean single channel amp.
anyways later on my first real amp has been a Fender Deluxe 85 solid state amp, like this one

View attachment 233

I paired with this Ibanez pue5 at some point

View attachment 234

My first digital multi fx has been and ART multiverb alpha I used for decades.

View attachment 235
Oh man! I forgot all about the PUE5! I had one of those back in the day as well! Pedal was plastic and felt cheap but sounds were great. I also had the beige rack mount with the outboard switches. I can't remember the model?

It was the UE400
pspng8t4paoghlow4wjx.jpg

Wish I still had it!

@JiveTurkey That PUE5 really served me well in the beginning and never failed me.
I loved the fact you could program 5 pedal combinations or turn single pedal on and off.

DIdn't know there was rack version of it. Looks badass!

@JiveTurkey That PUE5 really served me well in the beginning and never failed me.
I loved the fact you could program 5 pedal combinations or turn single pedal on and off.

DIdn't know there was rack version of it. Looks badass!
I'm not sure on the timeline. I had the PUE5 first then the 400. I totally forgot all about these. This was back when I first started out late 80s?

I’d recommend the Piranha. Digitally controlled dual tube preamp with plenty of voltage and midi controllable.

That's one I come back to from time to time. As well as those classic tube preamps they had for about 10 minutes, then blew out at $225 a pop which then skyrocketed to 4 times that a week later :oops:

ZOOM 505 II first.
After that I used a Metal zone into a no name 1x8 combo.
Then Peavey Bandit Red Stripe which I still own, now it's cut to a Head, excellent amp, a real life saver.
BOSS GT-10
Peavey ValveKing gutted and modified to my spec + Framus 2x12 with V30s.
Helix Floor.

IMG_2823-2-768x1024.jpg

When I think really hard, I am pretty sure that was my first also.

My first modeler. Thankfully it wasn't my last...

000000118309381-00-720x720.jpg

Wait... I forgot I had one of those Zoom walkman things in the 90s, if that counts...

Back