First guitar amp/fx modeler?

Does an Axe III Mk II count? I feel like I'm not even in the "club" sometimes: I don't know what 80% of the gear talked about is, hardly used any pedals, and ran my ADA MP-1 Mesa 50/50 rig for decades.

And now owning a Fractal, I couldn't imagine buying a QC or anything else to see what I may be missing. Although I did buy a Road King & Recto Cab once, compared it to my stereo rig, then took it right back.

Everything Counts™
I had stopped playing for about 5 years; Just lost my love for guitar, and had no inspiration during that time. But then it just came back, started practicing a lot on my 87 PRS, bought a Majesty, then wanted to get some really high-quality rack effects, but after I saw what was out there, and learned about this thing called the Axe Fx, I was like, just buy THAT! It looks like it'll do everything I could possibly want.

#notdisappointed

And my playing is better than ever now because of those 2 pieces of gear!

I had stopped playing for about 5 years; Just lost my love for guitar, and had no inspiration during that time. But then it just came back, started practicing a lot on my 87 PRS, bought a Majesty, then wanted to get some really high-quality rack effects, but after I saw what was out there, and learned about this thing called the Axe Fx, I was like, just buy THAT! It looks like it'll do everything I could possibly want.

#notdisappointed

And my playing is better than ever now because of those 2 pieces of gear!
Yeah the FAS stuff sounds FANTASTIC. I would also LOVE to have some sort of Ernie Ball guitar but they are out of my league $ wise! Lots of killer models to choose from though \m/

Yeah the FAS stuff sounds FANTASTIC. I would also LOVE to have some sort of Ernie Ball guitar but they are out of my league $ wise! Lots of killer models to choose from though \m/
There's an Artisan Majesty 6 on Reverb right now for $2200! Helluva deal imo.
I was blind to EBMM before JP switched to them, but they build a fine instrument for the money. I only really pay attention to the Majesty line, and some of their full-top finishes are getting into PRS territory, price-wise, and you're just paying for that extra bling. Hell, you're paying for the name as well, but buying used you can let the other guy give him his money, instead of you.

I started with this in the early 90's:

1661985476058.png

Digitech 2101 or whatever that thing was, some Boss giant pedalboard thing, Axe II, Kemper, and a Fryette GP/DI.

I think I missed some, I had an Axe8 at some point, and I think there was an FX8 in there too…

Loved em all, but back to tubes except for plugins. Lately I’m digging the AmpLnob RevC, a few from Mercuriall and the Ampcraft 5150, that thing slays hard.

I think the First was the Roland GP8, then I had a bunch of Rocktron stuff , the Chameleon

The worst ever was the Roland GP100 , I was super disappointed, I fell for the ad that showed all the different amps in it , the SLO Marshall, Hiwatt etc etc and it sounded like none of them :unsure:

I grew up in the backwoods of basically nowhere. After getting an electric guitar for Christmas, I realized it didn't sound like I expected electric guitar to sound. After much research I realized I needed something called "distortion," but I lived in a place where the only thing you could buy locally was cowboy boots, guns, and groceries.

So, I did what any resourceful kid would do. I took a car cassette adapter (the kind with the aux cable that would hang out of the tape slot), stuffed it into my old Walkman, plugged my guitar into the cassette adapter, and plugged the headphone output of the Walkman into my dad's stereo system.

You should've heard the awesome overdriven analog tones I got out of that thing. The higher you turned up the volume on the Walkman, the nastier it got. :banana :ROFLMAO:

Eventually I moved onto more conventional units like the Zoom1010 and Yamaha Magicstomp. ;)

Back