Fender Acoustasonic

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Has anyone played one of these things?

I kind of like the idea of having one for easy writing/recording in my DAW setup. The Jazzmaster one seems sweet.

Curious if anyone has actually played one.

Good for non acoustic players for a gig. The sound is totally dependent on the preamp though. Tha actual acoustic sound is not great. The player tele is the best deal imo.

Good for non acoustic players for a gig. The sound is totally dependent on the preamp though. Tha actual acoustic sound is not great. The player tele is the best deal imo.

Yeah I was eyeing one of the player tele’s but I guess for price they bonked it a little and it only has the three-way selector vs five, which limits some of the modes available. Looks like with the Jazzmaster version they updated with a Shawbucker. Though to be fair im pretty much only looking for acoustic tone variations, I’d rarely use one for gained-up stuff.

Been going down the rabbit hole looking at the Godwin A6 and the Taylor T5z now too.

Yeah I was eyeing one of the player tele’s but I guess for price they bonked it a little and it only has the three-way selector vs five, which limits some of the modes available. Looks like with the Jazzmaster version they updated with a Shawbucker. Though to be fair im pretty much only looking for acoustic tone variations, I’d rarely use one for gained-up stuff.

Been going down the rabbit hole looking at the Godwin A6 and the Taylor T5z now too.
They all suck as electric guitars so forget about that aspect. Just treat it as an acoustic that you might actually enjoy playing.🤣
Live mostly.

Owned the Jazzmaster briefly and returned it.
I had been using a regular electric with HX stomp acoustic simulator block for a few years doing duo and looping gigs.
I thought the Acoustasonic would be better at acoustic tones but still comfortable to play like an electric.

It was not much more comfortable, it still played like an acoustic since it still has acoustic strings. If you change the strings to electric it diminishes the quality of the acoustic modeling. 25.5 scale with acoustic 11s just did not make for a fun 3 hour gig.

So on top of it not being any improvement in comfort, the humbucker was crap for electric tones, not much clarity.
I started reading about some people having battery charging issues, on the player model it's moot since it takes a 9v, but the American made version only has rechargeable.

The battery issue led me to start thinking about other electronic issues that could fail and since it did not sound good as an unplugged acoustic, I didn't want to have a useless chunk of wood in 5 years if Fender stopped supporting them.

Bought a PRS P22 and haven't looked back.

They all suck as electric guitars so forget about that aspect. Just treat it as an acoustic that you might actually enjoy playing.🤣
Live mostly.

Yeah I have plenty of options for electrics, just want something decent for acoustic tones. (Primarily for easy recording and messing with ideas into the DAW/AxeFX etc)

Yeah I have plenty of options for electrics, just want something decent for acoustic tones. (Primarily for easy recording and messing with ideas into the DAW/AxeFX etc)
Get a real acoustic then. This is live only really. It acoustic sounds are just a piezo and a preamp.

I've played one briefly unplugged in a shop. Felt OK

Can't comment on the electronics lol

Troy had one he gigged extensively and it sounded no worse than an acoustic with a piezo plugged in, but was way easier to play.

You definitely don't but it for the acoustic tone though. If you want something to record with a cheap acoustic with an entry level small diaphragm condenser mic will sound infinitely better than a DI piezo.

Troy had one he gigged extensively and it sounded no worse than an acoustic with a piezo plugged in, but was way easier to play.

You definitely don't but it for the acoustic tone though. If you want something to record with a cheap acoustic with an entry level small diaphragm condenser mic will sound infinitely better than a DI piezo.

Yeah I probably need to dig in and give it some thought. The appeal at a glance was just getting easy acoustic tones into the AxeFX/DAW without have to use mics etc. More of like a specialty guitar to have around out of laziness convenience.

Back