Squier is killing it

gonzoknife

Groupie
I want both of these. The Squiers I own are excellent guitars. They've been good out of the box but I will usually upgrade the electronics because that's what I do but that's not a requirement. They sound pretty good as is. My J Mascis JM has one of the best necks I've ever played.

I'm glad they're making unique guitars that you can't get from the Fender brand and not just lower priced Strats & Teles. The 12 string looks awesome:

The P90 Strat-o-sonic is their version of a Les Paul Special. I like that it only has one volume & tone compared to the LP. The 2 vol + 2 tone on LPs drives me crazy most of the time.

There are at least three, and possible four, of this new line of Paranormals that I may jump on - with the Aztec Gold Nashville Strat and the black Esquire Custom at the top of the list.

I too am impressed with the Squire line. I’ve only had experience with a Fender Strat back in my high school days. That is a guitar I regret letting go. The 40th Anniversary Strat I picked up reminds me of that guitar though there are obvious differences…I couldn’t be more pleased with this purchase. Here is a pic of both for reference…
IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

I started a thread the other day on the Squier 40th Anniversary Telecaster Vintage Edition because I was so blown away by the quality I observed on the two examples in a local shop here.

I have a half dozen teles. My marriage might not survive another one and I’m not sure where my wife is going to sleep in the bed with all these guitars. They are not just good for the money. Objectively great.

Last edited:
Back