Fender gold foil series?

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Anybody played one of these yet? I actually had a coodercaster a year or so ago with a vintage 60's goldfoil pickup in the neck that I actually didn't love. But these seem to just be minihums in goldfoil clothes, which is absolutely be down for in Jazzmaster shoreline gold form.

I haven’t got my hands on one yet. The shoreline gold finish caught my eye more than anything lol. Not sure that mini hums will really get the goldfoil vibe, but maybe. I wish they had a JM vibrato instead of a bigsby. Lot of money for a Mexican guitar though…

I haven’t got my hands on one yet. The shoreline gold finish caught my eye more than anything lol. Not sure that mini hums will really get the goldfoil vibe, but maybe. I wish they had a JM vibrato instead of a bigsby. Lot of money for a Mexican guitar though…
The minihums have me way more excited than gold foils, honestly. The PG demo sounds pretty solid:

On price - I mean, I wish it was priced at Players series level, too. But then again, the spec on just about every Players series guitar is boring as all get out. Ebony board with decent inlays; matching headstock; shoreline gold; Bigsby tremolo, intriguing pickups -- there's a reason it's priced where it is. I know it will be a guitar of quality commensurate with that price tag - Fender Mexican stuff is pretty darn close on "build quality" as their American stuff, imo. The only real issue is that it'll take a hit of $200 or so on resale compared to a Player's Series which I'll gladly take for the thrill of having a guitar that I'm actually excited about rather than a "great guitar for the money".

I was pretty excited when I first saw it, but the excitement dropped off the closer I loooked… Wait, they aren’t really gold foils? Why did they not use the JM trem? Wait it’s made in Mexico at that price? Regardless of whether or not I should, I still think of Mexican guitars as $3-700 instruments.

D

I was pretty excited when I first saw it, but the excitement dropped off the closer I loooked… Wait, they aren’t really gold foils? Why did they not use the JM trem? Wait it’s made in Mexico at that price? Regardless of whether or not I should, I still think of Mexican guitars as $3-700 instruments.

D
Yeah, that's Chinese made squier territory now, dude. It's not 1994 anymore.

You realize there’s only a $400 difference between this Mexican JM and an American one right?

Sorry I pissed in your cheerios…

Drunk Alcohol GIF by LLIMOO

You realize there’s only a $400 difference between this Mexican JM and an American one right?

Sorry I pissed in your cheerios…

Drunk Alcohol GIF by LLIMOO
The American one...isn't this? If I wanted a fairly traditional JM...I wouldn't be looking at this guitar.

An American made version of this would likely be another $400 beyond the base American Pro or whatever it is. The Bigsby, matching headstock, fingerboard binding and inlays, new pickups that they aren't making in as high volume, etc., all are adding cost here. The price isn't arbitrary.

No worries on the negative feedback - keeps me honest about whether I genuinely have interest in the guitar or just think it looks cool :beer

So.....I'd have to play one in a shop and like it before pulling the trigger after watching this :rofl

I guess they had to do a negative review after that annoying offset guy absolutely blasted the AVII JM they sent him and had just given a positive review to the same guitar...

Back