Extreme is back!

That chorus seems like a good Prechorus. I wanted to see something double time and catchy after it to seal the deal.

Yes the guitar rips. Mix? Idk I'm listening on my phone

That chorus seems like a good Prechorus. I wanted to see something double time and catchy after it to seal the deal.

Yes the guitar rips. Mix? Idk I'm listening on my phone
The drums. No top end. Flat. Blanket over them.

Listen again and then listen to the III album.

The drums. No top end. Flat. Blanket over them.

Listen again and then listen to the III album.
I'll have to take your word for it. My sinus congestion leaves me in no position to do any critical listening, especially on my phone in bed lol

One sweet ballad in their lifetime is more than enough :oops:
dabd9542-6b4b-4da8-891c-43cfd4ae1f54_text.gif

Nuno great as usual. The song, other than Weiland style phrasing, just seemed weak compared to anything they've done previously.

To be fair, I can't think of many bands that have released anything 30 years into their career that holds up to their prime work. Only exceptions off the top of my head are Dinosaur Jr (their 2016 album was excellent) and Toad The Wet Sprocket (their 2021 album was also excellent).

To be fair, I can't think of many bands that have released anything 30 years into their career that holds up to their prime work. Only exceptions off the top of my head are Dinosaur Jr (their 2016 album was excellent) and Toad The Wet Sprocket (their 2021 album was also excellent).
Yeah that's fair. It wasn't a slam or anything like that, I guess I could've worded it differently. It's cool to see and hear them back doing their thing, I just didn't prefer this song.

To be fair, I can't think of many bands that have released anything 30 years into their career that holds up to their prime work.
You're right. That's the way it usually goes.

Surprisingly, I can listen to Rush's Clockwork Angels (2012) front to back, and the last album of theirs that I could do that with, was probably Power Windows (1985), and I am a HUGE Rush nut.

As funny as it may sound, I'm a huge Winger nut too, and rarely EVER listen to their 1st album, and if you listen to Winger IV (2006) and Karma (2009), those are MUCH better albums than their debut, although some may say that is a low bar :LOL:

I know more of Nuno’s solo/Mourning Widows stuff than I do Extreme, actually, but I loved that new song. Just when I thought the lead was going on a bit too long he started that ridiculous rhythmic section and I just laughed my ass off at how awesome it was, like “Ok, I’ll shuddup, please continue to rip, sir!” :rofl

If you haven’t checked out the new releases from their upcoming album, be sure to do it!

I think both of them (#REBEL and BANSHEE) were better than their first single, RISE.

Nuno’s riffs are awesome, and solos amazing of course! He’s so impressive.

Back