Everything Matters.

I fall into the camp of none of this shit matters as much as we think, but this shit really matters if you’re the type of person that it really matters to.

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

It’s difficult because you have to please yourself. Everyone could gig a squire and a pv bandit but most of us don’t. So draw your own lines .
I draw my line a lot lower with guitars than I do amp/processors. I would much rather gig or live with a squier and an FM3 than a custom shop and a bandit, no matter how good the pedalboard feeding the Bandit.

I draw my line a lot lower with guitars than I do amp/processors. I would much rather gig or live with a squier and an FM3 than a custom shop and a bandit, no matter how good the pedalboard feeding the Bandit.
Applies to amps too.

Realistically, an average Indonesian made guitar somewhere between the 500-1000 € retail price point is more than good enough. But where's the fun in that? I own several boutique guitars, but at the same time have no trouble saying they are not truly that much better than a good higher end production model in the 1500-2000 € range.

Im not sure what to think about this tbh.

One thing im certain of:
Someone could play my electric guitars unplugged…and I’d recognize each blindfolded.
However…record them electric…and I couldn’t tell the HB guitars from the single coils.

So…my conclusion is…that for the electric sound it has far less impact then what it does acoustically.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the differences are mostly output level related..how much energy gets drained from the string…so that mostly translates to attack/sustain ratio. But impact on actual frequency output…I’m sceptical…it’s a magnet picking up a piece of iron vibrating (string ;))…not a microphone..unless you have microphonic pups (which can be very cool ime)

That said..I play my guitars u plugged 9/10…so good acoustics is worth the price of admission…and…somehow more expensive guitars feel better…placebo or not…whatsever works ;)

Btw…my fav amplified nylon guitar sound is a Yamaha silent guitar….no body/acoustic whatsoever…what to make of that?

One thing im certain of:
Someone could play my electric guitars unplugged…and I’d recognize each blindfolded.
However…record them electric…and I couldn’t tell the HB guitars from the single coils.

So…my conclusion is…that for the electric sound it has far less impact then what it does acoustically.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the differences are mostly output level related..how much energy gets drained from the string…so that mostly translates to attack/sustain ratio. But impact on actual frequency output…I’m sceptical…it’s a magnet picking up a piece of iron vibrating (string ;))…not a microphone..unless you have microphonic pups (which can be very cool ime)

That said..I play my guitars u plugged 9/10…so good acoustics is worth the price of admission…and…somehow more expensive guitars feel better…placebo or not…whatsever works ;)

Btw…my fav amplified nylon guitar sound is a Yamaha silent guitar….no body/acoustic whatsoever…what to make of that?

One thing im certain of:

Everything matters. The degree to which each bit matters, and why/how it matters however is wildly subjective.

Last edited:
You don't need any of that either to make music actually :idk amazing music can be made on absolute shite

You can take the reductionist thing as far as you want, but it doesn't benefit anyone, and it can always go further.

It's just atoms all the way up and all the way down. :horse

Currently watching a Monkey type and gonna see how long it takes him
to come up with a Shakespearian Sonnet. :idk I have heard that given
enough time and random occurrences it will eventually happen. :crazy

Back