Everyone is excited about Portnoy being back, but….

I'm not sure I should admit this here... but I've never listened to a full DT album. …
It’s kind of like Fantasy fiction, Lord of the Rings and such. You have to be really into that crap to not be bored out of your skull. Me? I’m more into SciFi/Action. In other words, I’d rather watch They Live 9 times than spend the same time watching Lord of the Rings trilogy. Same with Skinny Puppy and Dream Theater.

The only thing that is giving me caution already is that they banged it out in under 2 months, which means it’s definitely going to be more dry-erase board/Pro Tools style songwriting instead of “Let’s get in a room and let the songs work themselves out, even if it takes a year for it to happen”

But we’ll see, I’m still just as excited for it and should probably let go of the idea of that ever happening with those guys again. I’ll still be listening to that album the second it’s available and I’ll definitely pay good money to get up front and re-live DT like I did as a teenager.

The only thing that is giving me caution already is that they banged it out in under 2 months, which means it’s definitely going to be more dry-erase board/Pro Tools style songwriting instead of “Let’s get in a room and let the songs work themselves out, even if it takes a year for it to happen”

Man, I wish! That's kind of the norm these days, isn't it? :idk

Welp, I HAD to sign up for notifications. I want tix for this tour for sure, and since so many other people will too, I need to be in line as soon as its announced.

I wonder if they'll consider setting up this tour for larger venues than their recent tours, since the demand will definitely be bigger this time around.

Back