Edwards doods… customs?

That is a decent price on the Ibby, and those are Dimarzio made F series pickups in it. Really good for
the era. :chef

Wizard necks are a love/hate thing, though. Super thin, and big radius makes them a sometimes
hard transition from more traditional Fender/Gibson neck profiles and radiuses. :idk

That is a decent price on the Ibby, and those are Dimarzio made F series pickups in it. Really good for
the era. :chef

Wizard necks are a love/hate thing, though. Super thin, and big radius makes them a sometimes
hard transition from more traditional Fender/Gibson neck profiles and radiuses. :idk

Hmmmmm

I've never owned an ibanez (well actually I had an acoustic at one point) but I've always enjoyed how the wizard neck has felt on ones I've played.

Never had a floyd rose guitar either but that's kind of why I've been peeking in this general direction (ok actually its because I'm mentally ill but never mind that)

I'm definitely lacking 24 frets in my world

Would this be on par with prestige level ibanez stuff?

maybe I should offer $550 and see what happens :nails

Or I should stop looking at guitars and get back to work :ROFLMAO:

With a setup and some TLC it could be as good or better than Prestige level guitars. Those
were Prestige level back in the day---as there was no Prestige designation at the time.

If it is different enough from what you have why not?

Being a 1990-92 ear Ibanez it'll just rise in value, too.

With a setup and some TLC it could be as good or better than Prestige level guitars. Those
were Prestige level back in the day---as there was no Prestige designation at the time.

If it is different enough from what you have why not?

Being a 1990-92 ear Ibanez it'll just rise in value, too.

Definitely having some thoughts...

I did just realize its 22 frets not 24 though :(

Shifted gears dramatically and now I'm feeling about a 75% chance that I'm getting a PRS custom 22 10 top within the week.....

mental illness and all

we shall see. need to think and sleep on it some more

Well if there's no additional costs in the US then it's all the more tempting....

I was eyeballing a few different models but the price on this is sick, and having this guitar would make 14 year old me VERY happy :rofl:unsure:

https://reverb.com/item/66440311-edwards-by-esp-forest-e-fr-130gt-2000s-turquoise-made-in-japan

nwibutt5dyyg1wfwipj4.jpg
This is precisely why we have a puke emoji.

I am in the US. I ordered two guitars from Japan last summer and I later got a Customs bill. FedEx collected it. It was about $100 per guitar.

There was also a couple of forms I had to fill out that the seller helped me with.

I am in the US. I ordered two guitars from Japan last summer and I later got a Customs bill. FedEx collected it. It was about $100 per guitar.

There was also a couple of forms I had to fill out that the seller helped me with.
New or used?

While I think some of these rules have changed during Covid, my understanding of where things can get hairy with importing to the US is if it’s a new instrument with a restricted wood (rosewood usually). That’s typically where you need the seller to fill out extra customs paperwork to declare the restricted wood. Used guitars aren’t subject to this restriction.

I’ve purchased several used guitars from Japan through commercial retailers and never received any sort of follow up or unexpected costs.

New or used?

While I think some of these rules have changed during Covid, my understanding of where things can get hairy with importing to the US is if it’s a new instrument with a restricted wood (rosewood usually). That’s typically where you need the seller to fill out extra customs paperwork to declare the restricted wood. Used guitars aren’t subject to this restriction.

I’ve purchased several used guitars from Japan through commercial retailers and never received any sort of follow up or unexpected costs.
They were new. One of the forms was for restricted woods IIRC.

Back