Does the Fractal Deluxe Reverb sound broken to anyone else?

metropolis_4

Shredder
Or is it just me?

With the latest update the Vibrato channel has zero headroom. Using a Strat with a low output DiMarzio HS-4 in the neck I had to turn the gain down to 0.6 before it stopped clipping :oops:

And there is a weird gritty texture to it that I don’t like and seems impossible to get rid of. I don’t hear this on the Normal channel, only Vibrato.

I love Deluxe Reverb overdrive as much as anyone, but every DR I’ve ever used I can at least get up to around 3 on the volume before it starts to clip.

Maybe it’s the DR that was modeled?

Or is it just me?

With the latest update the Vibrato channel has zero headroom. Using a Strat with a low output DiMarzio HS-4 in the neck I had to turn the gain down to 0.6 before it stopped clipping :oops:

And there is a weird gritty texture to it that I don’t like and seems impossible to get rid of. I don’t hear this on the Normal channel, only Vibrato.

I love Deluxe Reverb overdrive as much as anyone, but every DR I’ve ever used I can at least get up to around 3 on the volume before it starts to clip.

Yeah I agree, seems something in up with that model now.

And there is a weird gritty texture to it that I don’t like and seems impossible to get rid of.

Sounds like a DR to me. :hugitout

:grin

Maybe it is just happening a little too soon. I have honestly felt for a while now
that the headroom behavior on some Fractal amp models is a little premature---and
I have to run the MV lower (or Volume on NMV amps) on the Fractal models than I do
the actual amps they are modeled on.

Could be the amp. But that weird gritty texture is how I think DRs sound when they
break up. They are not exactly the smoothest of amps when it comes to distortion.
A little goes a long ways. For me.

Maybe Cliff while "chime" in. See what I did there? :rofl

Or is it just me?

Yep I think Karl Houseconnect was asking about that one for the same reason low headroom

Last edited:
Sounds like a DR to me. :hugitout

:grin

Maybe it is just happening a little too soon. I have honestly felt for a while now
that the headroom behavior on some Fractal amp models is a little premature---and
I have to run the MV lower (or Volume on NMV amps) on the Fractal models than I do
the actual amps they are modeled on.

Could be the amp. But that weird gritty texture is how I think DRs sound when they
break up. They are not exactly the smoothest of amps when it comes to distortion.
A little goes a long ways. For me.

Maybe Cliff while "chime" in. See what I did there? :rofl
Have you done the beta firmware update? I thought you didn't do Beta.

1714162982609.png

lmao, I'm deadass not going to further explain "the gain pot value is wrong", but thank you for the invitation to honest discourse

There’s nothing to “further discuss” here. It’s either what he said it is (and there is no reason he would lie about that), or it’s not. If you think it’s something different, tell us what you think it is. Then about five of us will get curious and pull the chassis out of our amps to see for ourselves what it is.

Back