DIO by Paul Gilbert

I wonder how much Paul must love Dio to do something like this. The amount of time and effort he
put into this project had to have been immense. I am kind of in awe of his ear. Fucking brilliant.

And Paul thinks Ronnie was super melodic. How could he cop those vocal lines on guitar if he wasn't? : :idk

Last edited:
It has energy? What can I say? Slow and plodding generally bores me to death :sofa :bag¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why are you even in this thread? I don't see you taking a piss in the Tim Henson studio thread, and that is
actually piss worthy. :pee

:rofl

Dio was like Metal Game of Thrones. Mostly slow and plodding and lots of low light shots with this overarching
since of the ominous and a foreboding sense of impending doom. Until we are all spared by the late arrival of a Dragon. :LOL:

Why are you even in this thread? I don't see you taking a piss in the Tim Henson studio thread, and that is
actually piss worthy. :pee

:rofl

Dio was like Metal Game of Thrones. Mostly slow and plodding and lots of low light shots with this overarching
since of the ominous and a foreboding sense of impending doom. Until we are all spared by the late arrival of a Dragon. :LOL:
I don't disagree with any of this :bag I'm in the thread because I love Paul Gilbert. Other than Mr. Big turd era :bag I'll show myself out now :whistle :beer

The think the production could have been better for sure. Sounds demoish. Paul has his style and I think his evolution has been fun to watch and is a great musician. Honestly I don’t get why some people want him to just be the young Paul musically… which even back then once I got past the wow of the dexterity, it got old for me much like Yingwang Momstain… ie I like it but have to be in the mood to listen to it which isn’t often. Anyway he has been there done that and wanted to change it up. Good for him. I didn’t think the playing here is as bad as some have described but maybe since I’m not a Dio fan I don’t hear what others do.

Last edited:
Paul's touch and feel, and his ear are second to none. The only other guy I can think
of who is that expressive with melody is Andy Timmons. Fucking brilliant!

Back