Did UAD release any new pedals today?

Is that 1176 digital? Because if it is, then I might as well just buy the analogue Origin Effects Cali76 offering instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm. Different price point mind you. But... nahhh, don't care: I'd still get the more expensive analogue pedal haha
Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

If you're gonna sniff cork, sniff the best cork.

I had the Golden and the Starlight, the former longer than the latter. The Starlight sucked, IMO. Really disappointed by it. I dug the Golden though; I like the BlueSky better, but the Golden was good.

I guess I'll watch one of the 100 videos on these, to see if anything sticks out. Certainly impulse buy territory.

I still have the Golden. It sounds great.

Not convinced by the other stuff and not interested in their other pedal offerings where they constantly attempt to ham-fistedly cram functionality into the same form factor and number of knobs / switches that they originally chose (presumably for the Golden), when it doesn't make any sense. Really annoying!

I still have the Golden. It sounds great. Not convinced by the other stuff and not interested in their other pedal offerings where they constantly attempt to ham-fistingly stuff functionality into the same form factor and number of knobs / switches that they originally chose (presumably for the Golden), when it doesn't make any sense. Really annoying!
Yeah it's weird; I'd totally re-buy the Golden, for example I'm thinking of a smaller, way more portable board that it'd work well on. But I've got zilch interest in anything else, and nothing in the new stuff.

I don't get these. They're just really expensive for barebones digital pedals no matter how great they sound.

The Orion Echo is 239 € incl. Finnish 24% VAT. A Strymon Brig is 298 €. For 59 € more you get a fully MIDI/expression controllable, stereo input/output pedal with presets.

While e.g Origin Effects Cali76 is 110 euros more expensive, it is also fully analog vs the digital 1176. With the UA pedals having about 3ms latency that's not necessarily great for things like compressors.

This company continue to prove they don’t know their own market.
2021: Users: "These delays and reverbs are nice, but we'd like modern digital pedal features please!" UA: "We have nothing to announce at this time."
2022: Users: "These amp sims are nice, but we'd like a Marshall amp sim pedal!" UA: "We have nothing to announce at this time."
2023: Users: "We'd like UA OX in stomp box form!" UA: "We have nothing to announce at this time."
2024: Users: "Surely we can get some of the above?" UA: "We have nothing to announce at this time."

Back