Devin Townsend Megathread

I’m about an hour in. Killer conversation. These guys need to do another album. Something like Devin’s heavy, melodic material with input from Vai, along with his playing would be amazing.

:rofl

Edit- Ok, for those over 50, what’s up with taking a piss in the middle of the night and needing to sit down? Vai laughed that off like a “welcome to the club” chuckle. The only thing I can think from my perspective now is my back?

That gene is not activated and triggered until it is time. :LOL:

TMI: Once your balls start feeling gravity a bit too much then you have a real crisis and a new decision to make. :whistle:idk

That gene is not activated and triggered until it is time. :LOL:

TMI: Once your balls start feeling gravity a bit too much then you have a real crisis and a new decision to make. :whistle:idk

Oh, me and gravity are already becoming familiar. I have a really small toilet and I swear when I turned 40 the temp in the bowl dropped about 10 degrees.

31rjhgBFPTL._AC_.jpg

I managed to get it in earlier. Really good stuff and I love the line of questioning Devin's been going in with these. I don't want to hear about new albums or influences or even their gear anymore for some of these guys, I want to hear the exact questions Dev's been asking.

And I love that you know the only reason Dev's asking them is because they're things he's experienced as a musician and not someone just being a fan of music with a surface level understanding of the process. Good stuff.

He hates taking or giving advice----which is ironic considering how the
Howard Stern appearance played out. :brick

Man, he must have bit his tongue in half. :LOL:

Last edited:

He mentions working on a plugin again, so it looks like it’s still in the works.

@Digital Igloo know anybody in artist relations? Apparently Devin uses a Helix for his ambient stuff. I’d love to get my hands on his presets.

Back