Dawner Prince: Boonar Tube Deluxe

Seems to have been delayed for so long
Oh Yeah Smile GIF by BrownSugarApp

Sounds good, but not $1200 good. It's kind of like if you made a Strymon Volante, but with a tube preamp and stuck a little low res OLED on it. Which is not a bad idea, it's just at least $600 too expensive and because of the tube pre, pretty big.

I'm not convinced an actual tube preamp is needed for something like this.

Sounds good, but not $1200 good. It's kind of like if you made a Strymon Volante, but with a tube preamp and stuck a little low res OLED on it. Which is not a bad idea, it's just at least $600 too expensive and because of the tube pre, pretty big.

I'm not convinced an actual tube preamp is needed for something like this.
EXACTLY

I have a Boonar Delay. It's the only delay pedal that's ever blown up on me. No way I'd pay for the more complicated tube version. No way I'd pay that price for anything short of an actual tape delay either.

erection GIF

Honestly I’d love to buy something like that one day on a whim before letting “logic” kick in. Im much more at home doing some cost-to-benefit analysis that will lead me to buy another been-there-done-that piece of gear that ultimately won’t fill the black hole in my heart anyway. #swingforthefences

Back