Camino anyone?

fretworn

Rock Star
Walking “the Way” in about a month.

1st time; was asked by a long time friend to join on the walk.

Porto to Santiago de Compostella

Anyone here ever do it?

Funny enough - just hit up DT Seattle REI to get some gear for the long walk.

Could not give away the $$$$’s burning a hole in my pocket. Passed over a dozen employees who didn’t help - the only customers in the entire store.

Lmao …

Downtown is nothing but empty skyscrapers with endless miles of graffiti tagging on the first two levels - saw a VW microbus stuck on a hillside as a homeless condo …

Couldn’t find a working elevator for the G’Ma … Had a wheel her around a long ways. Uneal.

I could’ve spent $5000 today without batting an eye, and now it will go to somebody else who might give a sh!t.

Unfrickenbelievable

AMF!

Oh, then this on the way home ….. bizzarro world

IMG_1080.jpeg

I’m an areligious guy … but happy to do the 200 miles. Should be a good walk.

When I was much younger, I spent time in a few monasteries. Trippy places. Really cool though. The Trappist are neat.

I’m an areligious guy … but happy to do the 200 miles. Should be a good walk.

When I was much younger, I spent time in a few monasteries. Trippy places. Really cool though. The Trappist are neat.

Very cool. I bet Thomas Merton was a great recruiter. :rofl

Kind of cool to think about what a massive impact Monasteries (and the Monks and Nuns in them) had
in so many things we take for granted today---like Bread, Beer, Agriculture, and Cheese. Not to mention
Literature. And all Art was Sacred, including Music. There was no Secular Art back then.

There was even that great book a couple of decades back by Thomas Cahill that argued that Irish Monks
and Scribes in Monasteries were singularly responsible for preserving Western Civilization through the Dark Ages.

Very cool. I bet Thomas Merton was a great recruiter. :rofl

Kind of cool to think about what a massive impact Monasteries (and the Monks and Nuns in them) had
in so many things we take for granted today---like Bread, Beer, Agriculture, and Cheese. Not to mention
Literature. And all Art was Sacred, including Music. There was no Secular Art back then.

There was even that great book a couple of decades back by Thomas Cahill that argued that Irish Monks
and Scribes in Monasteries were singularly responsible for preserving Western Civilization through the Dark Ages.

I’ve read it… It’s a great book… How the Irish saved western civilization

Really good stuff!

👍❤️🙏

Any long trekers here?

Is the 2 pole method really a 25% efficiency boost?

Anything about Portugal or Spain I should be aware of before I go?

Good buddy of mine I know from music festivals did this some years back, had the time of his life

Pre covid my dad was gearing up to try and do this... seems like he may have abandoned the plan though? I haven't heard him speak of it in years

My mom and sister did it a few years back. It was after the movie was released so there were a lot more people on the path, and residents in the towns shouting "peregrino" at them trying to sell things. My mom got awful blisters and had to be transported ahead of my sister for a good portion.

My mom and sister did it a few years back. It was after the movie was released so there were a lot more people on the path, and residents in the towns shouting "peregrino" at them trying to sell things. My mom got awful blisters and had to be transported ahead of my sister for a good portion.

My understanding is that it’s still the fourth largest pilgramige in the world… Not crazy about a lot of people, but it will be what it is …

Blisters are expected

Man, when things get "touristy." :facepalm

Nothing like a lot of people to ruin every good thing under the Sun.

Mt. Everest is a total shitshow at this point. Just another status symbol for those who treat life
like a punchcard trying to accumulate credits for a Free Subway. :LOL:

How many Kms/Miles per day you plan on fret?

Man, when things get "touristy." :facepalm

Nothing like a lot of people to ruin every good thing.

How many Kms/Miles per day you plan on fret?

7-12 miles/day on avg.

I’m currently walking about two a day, so I imagine the stories are true… First third is pain (physical), next third is mental pain, last third is acceptance and beauty.

Back