Camino anyone?

Once my son graduates and I am empty-nesting I am intent on getting out there more.

Just hope by that time it is not a Cormac McCarthy-esque "The Road" type of experience. :LOL:

I assume you've been training and upping your mileage incrementally?? :idk

Once my son graduates and I am empty-nesting I am intent on getting out there more.

Just hope by that time it is not a Cormac McCarthy-esque "The Road" type of experience. :LOL:

I assume you've been training and upping your mileage incrementally?? :idk

Honestly, I’ve been a couch potato for the last couple of years…

I live on the edge of the woods and so I am quite fortunate to have a fairly private trail through the hood down to the water.

It’s not that long but it’s a bit of a hill to come back up home on.

I live on the edge of the woods and so I am quite fortunate to have a fairly private trail through the hood down to the water.

Easy down to the water and hard back home. I've trudged up that way a few times in
my visits to Seattle. Always felt windy going back uphill, too. Persistent Coastal downdraft
or something??

Sounds like perfect training ground.

IMG-1023.jpg
IMG-1019.jpg

Did you know that Seattle is the most landscape city in America? They used big monitor water cannons to wash down the hills to get it to the heights you see in downtown today.

People forget about the glaciers man.

Literally there used to be 3 miles of ice above us here… Higher than the airplanes fly over Puget Sound.

Those things dropped huge rocks from Canada here, and carved immense cuts in the landscape. I.e. Lake Washington.

Last edited:
Did you know that Seattle is the most landscape city in America? They used big monitor water cannons to wash down the hills to get it to the heights you see in downtown today.

People forget about the glaciers man.

Literally there used to be 3 miles of ice above us here… Higher than the airplanes fly over Puget Sound.

Those things dropped huge rocks from Canada here, and carved immense cuts in the landscape. I.e. Lake Washington.

Love that place. That city made a bigger impact on me than any other I have been to.

Seattle is just gorgeous. And yeah, if you be walkin' you are getting your cardio in. :LOL:

I'll be going back again. A lot I wanted to do I wasn't able to---and spent 10 days the last visit. Also want
to go Olympic National Park next time, too.

Down
IMG_1279.jpeg

Up
IMG_1280.jpeg

74°F today… A virtual heat wave hitting us… Will go to 85 tomorrow… People are going to die here

• Love
Reactions: JT
Better soak up all that green while you can, Fret! :beer

Funny thing is that it stays pretty flipping green all year around here… green lawns in December … moss is green as is algae … Except maybe August…

That’s what happens when you water shit (aka rain) all the time lol 😝

But there’s no question that from now until October, it’s one of the prettiest places on earth. It’s one of the main reasons I live here . 👍❤️🙏

Back