Calling it quits?

To which the answer was, "Snow White is the fairest of them all." :rofl

gorillas GIF

Tilting at windmills again lol

You took the brown acid again, Jay?

Didn’t you hear the announcement?

That was interesting… Made me think a little bit. Lol

I reckon (at the end of whatever circuitous logic I used) that I’m a composite. I’m a man first, a musician second. I am many things in this life, including a father, a husband, a friend and a servant to the Father.

While music is critical my entire life, I’ve had to focus on other areas because that was the driving priority at the time.

I believe we were all born with several gifts, and it is our duty to try to exercise them.

Ymmv

Totally. I don't think we are one-dimensional creatures. We contain multitudes, too. It does seem to me,
based on observations of those around me, that if we try and forsake something instrumental (pun intended!)
to ourselves that we can often pay a greater cost than the cost of continuing to nurture it. :idk

I am not a religious man, but this quote from the Gospel of Thomas has always spoken to me.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 14-50-48 A quote by Gospel of Thomas.png

Apologies if this crosses the line. The Nicean Council didn't deem it worthy of being in the Bible, so... technically speaking..... . :LOL:

I have a very talented adult son who drums. He has perfect pitch and can memorize a set of lyrics the first pass-through.

However for a multitude of reasons, he’s no longer playing.
Smart man. Throw a brick and you'll hit a guitarist.
Drummer, not so much.

The Nicean Council didn't deem it worthy of being in the Bible, so... technically speaking..... . :LOL:

Zzzzziiiiiing!!!! :rofl

That really is a great quote, though and I fully agree.

Before the writer’s block hit, I used to get all kinds of funky in the head if I wasn’t spending time in the studio. Just playing in a band wasn’t enough, I had to create or I’d get borderline irrational with my line of thinking. My ex used to call me out on it, “Do you need to go write some music?” :roflThat’s also why I think all the head-work I did last year is playing a role in my creative output; I tend to not let my head dictate much of anything these days, so what used to be a trigger for me to go write music is now a “Oh, you’re being little c*nty Drew again, knock it off” Maybe I need to be c*nty Drew more?

Zzzzziiiiiing!!!! :rofl

That really is a great quote, though and I fully agree.

Before the writer’s block hit, I used to get all kinds of funky in the head if I wasn’t spending time in the studio. Just playing in a band wasn’t enough, I had to create or I’d get borderline irrational with my line of thinking. My ex used to call me out on it, “Do you need to go write some music?” :roflThat’s also why I think all the head-work I did last year is playing a role in my creative output; I tend to not let my head dictate much of anything these days, so what used to be a trigger for me to go write music is now a “Oh, you’re being little c*nty Drew again, knock it off” Maybe I need to be c*nty Drew more?

The challenge you set up here is awesome for that Drew. Damn near salvation… A few times recently.

Thank you

👍❤️🙏

If you have an inherent cuntiness that is being repressed then who knows.

:idk

Well, apparently Thomas knew. Let it out! :LOL:

But yeah, you can't let those voices build up.... otherwise a sweet harmony turns into a raucous cacophony.
Not that there is anything wrong with cacophony sometimes. :ROFLMAO:

The challenge you set up here is awesome for that Drew. Damn near salvation… A few times recently.

Thank you

👍❤️🙏

That definitely was a selfish goal on my part with that! Hahahha and my 4/8 contributions are a show of my failure! (Not really a failure, things moved in positive directions in all other aspects of my life when I wasn’t participating, so not all was lost).

Really stoked that it’s had the contributions it’s had and was tickled f*cking pink to see people really pushing themselves to figure out the gear/recording side of things to take part. That was really, really f*cking awesome. Hope to see it grow in the future with a more responsible caretaker in our man @Iron1!!!

Man, after being rather obsessed with music since I was a kid I have seen people who I know
are musicians at their core quit. They are some of the most miserable people as a result of it.
When I have dry spells, I'm the most miserable person to be around. Music keeps me balanced and centred.

I only have a vague recollection, but it was something along the lines of "don't be an a*****e, and things will work out."
I think it was more like, if you're gonna be a c*nt, make sure you've got the tightness to justify it.

Back