Buying Today, What do you Buy?

Picked up GX-100 (after selling Stomp) last year as some ppl could not stop raving about its amps that dont require IR rabbit hole, and the low latency.

Instant regret. Its boxed up and not being used since getting FM3.

I much prefer Helix to Boss. I think i have given Boss plenty of chance over the course of my life :hmm

I would probably buy ToneX pedal today. But having Max sitting on my computer I am less compelled to do so.

If I were starting fresh right now I’d probably go with ToneX+HXFX or an FM3.
Yea, I was going to pull the trigger on an FM3, but they all of a sudden went out of stock "temporarily". Not sure how long that is going to last.

I went ahead and put my name on the list for the FM3 and the FM9.

We will see.

Yea, I was going to pull the trigger on an FM3, but they all of a sudden went out of stock "temporarily". Not sure how long that is going to last.

I went ahead and put my name on the list for the FM3 and the FM9.

We will see.
Id love the FM9 but budget constraints will keep me in the FM3 realm as I dont plan to sell my Helix and want both platforms
both will have their use as they both have strength and weaknesses so it really is the best of both worlds

Last edited:
Sorry, I was being (intentionally) cryptic. Call back to the fact that there's another device I quite like, and one of the precious few things people will agree on is that it has a good looper.

It's too expensive anyway. :bag

giphy.gif

Helix Rack is the only hardware modeler I've considered buying. Although I'm not really a digital modeling kind of guy because I like to experiment and build tube amps. But, I have used plugins many times for recording, even way back in the early 2000's with Sansamp. I've used the amp sim stuff in Studio One on occasion and a few from Brainworx too, but I mainly like to mic an amp and/or use my Suhr RLRI.

I don’t know much about looping but another option could be something like an HX Stomp and a separate looper pedal.

For my bedroom practice, I've got an HX Stomp with a Digitech Trio+ that serves as a looper as well as accompanying band.

It works very well, with one cavet. To get full flexibility, one needs to put the Trio+ in the Stomp FX loop. The Trio+ guitar and loop outs can be routed back, but must be summed to mono if you don't like the guitar being hard panned on one side (I am most certainly bothered by that). Thus, in your preset you need to use a send block to accommodate the Trio+ plus one final block that sums everything to mono. If you use a mixer (or a hardware summing device) then it's easier but I wanted to keep everything as compact as possible. It works very well for me.

Had I not already bought the Tonex pedal, I would buy it again and an H9 to round it all out.

Back