Bronco Bass for Guitarist??

richey88

Groupie
Howdy TGF’ers! Fighting with myself whether to pull the trigger on a Bronco bass on sale on the Fender website (167). Kinda need it to record GB stuff (garageband has a pretty good bass app, but it’s easier for me to actually play the line a lot of times rather than fumble (at way reduced tempo) with the neck on the app.

Talk me out of it? (or don’t, demos sound good to me, and small scale would be perfect for my particular needs). Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Plus Fender is being really aggressive about my cart…..

Thanks!!

Those are pretty popular, and supposedly pretty decent. For future reference (and for others checking out this thread), the Ibanez SRMD200 “Mezzo” basses are cool too, and pretty inexpensive. 32” for those.

Well a week almost with Violet and gotta say I’m smitten! So easy to play. I haven’t had a bass in 20 plus years, glad I went small scale. Sounds like a pre ‘57 P bass. May explore another pickup in the future, but see no real reason to change anything. Tuners are fine, no sharp fret ends, and some interesting wood on the 2-pc (yes? No skunk stripe, how would they get the truss rod in there?) neck, satin finish feels good, not as blinding white has it looks on the Fender site. Deflate worth a look if you’re in the market. Some iffy pix y’all:

1698492359050.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    901.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    706.4 KB · Views: 17
Dang film from the guard! Very minimal packing too, I like that, no double box. Light as a feather too (my 40th Annie Squier Strat weighs more)!

Dig the purple! Short scale bass is fun. I have the Mustang model and love it.

Got some custom decals……just for a goof. Also will be shielding with copper tape ASAP.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Back