Brigadier or Memory Lane Jr V2 ?

Not tried it, but Rubberneck??

Sigh... yeah... I liked some things about it (online demos) but not others. I've listened to so many BBD delays now that I've lost track of all the pros and cons!

BBD-style delays are an exhuasting minefield of gotchas and features and missing features or drawbacks I tell ya! So I feel that I've finally given in to digital and hence looking at used Brigadiers in Canada (and maybe a MLJr V2).

😩

I'll never be without a Deluxe Memory Man. There's a reason everyone else is just copying them. :idk

The Direct/Dry Out makes them perfect for dual amp, wet/dry setups, too.

I thought the tiny little Pigtronix Constellator with the Xvive chip was kinda fun actually (It's a varation on the Echoman). But I don't think I want to go in that direction again. i.e. mini and "real".

Probably a used Brigadier makes sense. I can always unload it. Also... there are some Strymon trademark registration clues in the wild that point to a small Cloudburst-sized BBD-style mini-Brig type pedal that could be released later in the 2023.

Just having a little fun at the ridiculousness of our earnestness for tone(s).

:beer

I'm enjoying the V2 El Cap anyway. I may have been wrong about the Volante being the best 😱

Halo is still really really good too. Not just the "halo" setting, but the single head preset too. And the slapback preset. And the Hank Marvin style preset. Great neutral buffer - doesn't mess with your tone. Awesome modulation and saturation. Recommended.

See what I mean? Tape emulators up the wazoo!

Last edited:
Just having a little fun at the ridiculousness of our earnestness for tone(s).

:beer
how dare you snl GIF

I'm enjoying the V2 El Cap anyway. I may have been wrong about the Volante being the best 😱

Halo is still really really good too. Not just the "halo" setting, but the single head preset too. And the slapback preset. And the Hank Marvin style preset. Great neutral buffer - doesn't mess with your tone. Awesome modulation and saturation. Recommended.

See what I mean? Tape emulators up the wazoo!

Feel ya! Delay is my favourite effect. By a loooooooooooooong ways.

Card Games Fun GIF by AsmodeeGames

Back