Boss GM-800 and GK-5

Only tracking issues I get are with stuck notes. They still happen sometimes even though I've tried to eliminate them.

Something has to be not set right or bad cable because I haven't gotten any of those since i first got it when it came out, but my issue was a cheap 13-pin cable that did it, but once I changed to roland 13-pin cable it fixed the issue.

Not using shared/daisy chained power supplies fixed the stuck note issue for me.
A lot of noise was being generated with chained supplies and interconnecting multiple devices.
And once you get noise into the GK ecosystem, note off detection becomes difficult.
A temporary fix was to bump up the Velocity Cut to '5'

What power supply are you using? Just the stock one?
Yes, originally I used one supply for the sy-1000 and daisy chained my old gr-55 supply to gm-800 + gkc-ad + ve-500 + o/d pedal.
Now running the gkc-ad with its own supply.
I still have noise if I plug the gkc-ad guitar out into the ve-500 for pitch tracking, but I have that unplugged and use the gm-800 guitar to midi for ve-500 vocal tracking now, seems to work better too.

Stuck notes due to the previously mentioned not grounded deal?
Everything is grounded to the same circuit in my studio with a clean industrial strength UPS on the front end.
Something has to be not set right or bad cable because I haven't gotten any of those since i first got it when it came out, but my issue was a cheap 13-pin cable that did it, but once I changed to roland 13-pin cable it fixed the issue.
I'm using Primova Sound 13-pin and Bestronics digital cables. I have Boss cables as well I could try.

@TJontheRoad @BROCKSTAR and anyone else. Any of you running a GK5 into the GKC-DA box into older roland guitar synths? I am thinking of leaving the GR55 at the practice spot for this purpose and wondered how well that works. Especially curious on what difference system settings make on the old boxes with this converter and the newer pickup in front of it :unsure:

@TJontheRoad @BROCKSTAR and anyone else. Any of you running a GK5 into the GKC-DA box into older roland guitar synths? I am thinking of leaving the GR55 at the practice spot for this purpose and wondered how well that works. Especially curious on what difference system settings make on the old boxes with this converter and the newer pickup in front of it :unsure:
I use the GK3 + GKC-AD. Not tried the GK5 yet.

I'm using gk-5 and gm-800 and sy-1000 and gkc-da box.

Works great for me.

I edited my original posts lol. Works great for me. I don't seem to notice anything different, except I swear it tracks a little better with gk-5 then it did with gk-2a when I first tried it all together before I got gk-5.
Dumb question perhaps. Does the individual guitar's pickup settings still matter when using the conversion boxes?

About freaking time.... Almost 4 months later and they finally released a new SDZ Zen-core pack. Still odd they released one or two every single month since starting these and now this big break. Hopefully they get back too it monthly!

Back