Blackstar interface

"Designed by guitarists for guitarists."

Cool!
So sick of my gear being designed by court stenographers and professional carpet cleaners.
*strums an E chord four times.
"I'm gonna play that again, but this time, half way through, I'll start switching on the enhance..."
*strums twice, engages switch, nods affirmatively to each of the two following strums.

Is this satire?

As Nigel explains to Marty, his interface has an enhance switch, whereas others don't.
Marty asks if that means it’s better, to which Nigel explains, “Well, if it's switched 'on' it's better, right?"
Marty asks why they don't just design the interface with enhance on all the time, which really throws off Nigel.
Confused, he just says, “But these have a switch.

cfa41ec68ca4f983d9d3f1fb109707f2.jpg

Last edited:
Why does Blackstar insist on just churning out absolute crap??? Definitely one of the companies that I'd never even bother to send a CV to.

Why does Blackstar insist on just churning out absolute crap??? Definitely one of the companies that I'd never even bother to send a CV to.
I feel like they are trying to be a company that makes everything guitar. They even have some travel guitars on their website.

The real question is, why can't they make anything that sounds better than "just alright"? I feel like many of their products have a good feature set (not the Polar tho), but are then ruined by poor support and mediocre tone.

I’d much rather have a DI that is clipping but sounds fine than a battered to fuck DI that is soft clipped before the conversion. 🤷‍♂️

I have no idea why Line6 did not do this , people have been asking for years and an HX interface to use w Native would have totally made sense IMO

Can you imagine auto impedance sensing
Super low latency
Preamp modelling like Fractal to select
Neve /API/Chandler
Auto leveling no clipping
Imagine if it also had Helix Native built into its DSP!! Oh, it’s a Stomp….

Back