Best way to increase volume on a Helix clean tone?

All of these are good suggestions. Personally, I use Modulation > Retro Reel to help get big, loud, fat clean tones. Was using SoundToys Decapitator and then FabFilter's Saturn 2, but find myself gravitating to Retro Reel in Native more often these days.

The Gain block at the end seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Now to work on dialing in better overall cleans...

Reactions: JT
What kinda cleans are you after? Any examples?
I don't really know honestly. Not sure I can even describe it. Something that fits, yet contrasts my high gain tones. The high gain stuff is thick/heavy/violent/brutal, and I want the contrast of something that sounds light/glassy/fragile, if that makes sense...

I don't really know honestly. Not sure I can even describe it. Something that fits, yet contrasts my high gain tones. The high gain stuff is thick/heavy/violent/brutal, and I want the contrast of something that sounds light/glassy/fragile, if that makes sense...

SC pups 😉

Also, you probably know this already, but cleans have a lot more low and high frequency content so they tend to be a bit dynamic and if you level them to your meters, they’ll be under your compressed OD sounds level-wise.

Oh, and my cleans are not as clean as they seem. They have a bit of bite/crunch for cutting through.

👍

SC pups 😉

Also, you probably know this already, but cleans have a lot more low and high frequency content so they tend to be a bit dynamic and if you level them to your meters, they’ll be under your compressed OD sounds level-wise.

Oh, and my cleans are not as clean as they seem. They have a bit of bite/crunch for cutting through.

👍
I have a 90s era Hamer Slammer I customized a bit and fitted with a set of Fender Deluxe Drive single coils. So, I use that and my Yamaha Electric-Acoustic for cleans, normally. But, again, I have no clue what I'm doing with clean tones... :rofl :idk :rofl
Could you possibly post a DI guitar track recorded with some material and pickup selection suitable for cleans?
I've never actually output a DI track, so once I figure out how, sure. :rofl

Back