Best Marshall tones ever? Headfirst Alta review video

cragginshred

Roadie
Well the eagle landed from Aus to Calif last Fri. Out of the box, was blown away at having a 100w head in a smallbox chassis. Well done Mr Jason Tong!! The features and TONE are all Marshall vintage to hotrod, midi controllable AND No OD into front needed like every other boutique amp I have ever owned . The brit cap variation's are so useable. They are like having to perfect OF into the front with varying levels of boost that are perfectly suited for the amps tone.

Ch 3 is a perfect layer of added gain stage allowing ,e to have the same core tone just more of it to cut with solos.

This one was tougher to capture the Kerrang in the room but it was there. With every other high end amp i have owned this particular tone is so elusive feeling so close but never there. Not with the Alta. The voicing is pure Marshall with all od what we love about them and none of what we don't. for example I can only take so much of my JMP concluding it is meant tot play live not so much on it's own. The Alta has that DNA 100% without the ear fatigue. Add the various boosts and it's a trip back in time with the best mods you could ever want all included!

******No IR's fancy backing tracks or perfect playing (Ha)! This is in room tone recorded with an iPhone

I have to disagree with your title. The Alta is much more than a Marshall clone. But yes, Jason did an exceptional job capturing that Marshall DNA and bringing it to the next level.

I've said this before, The Alta will put pretty much any other off the shelf or boutique amp to shame. It's in my all time top amps along with a GZ Hellion.

And congrats on the new acquisition.

I have to disagree with your title. The Alta is much more than a Marshall clone. But yes, Jason did an exceptional job capturing that Marshall DNA and bringing it to the next level.

I've said this before, The Alta will put pretty much any other off the shelf or boutique amp to shame. It's in my all time top amps along with a GZ Hellion.

And congrats on the new acquisition.
Agreed it's not the best titl;e and yes every other boutique amp is lacking. To my ears it's about the voicing and Jason has discerning ears to know what to keep from the Marshall guts and where to improve it!

Back