Because of you crazy people, I tried detune for the first time.

in a power trio, one guitar situation
This is the only way.

queen text GIF

I just used an effect on my multi effect.....did the thing ....now I'm researching a decent, cheap, rack mounted power amp, and gonna get me a nice w/d/w setup ....learn some mid era VH.....and grin in awe.

All the crap I hated from the 80s....now you don't have to be a millionaire to experience it ...kind of neat.

Just need to get a mixer to get it just right

I just used an effect on my multi effect.....did the thing ....now I'm researching a decent, cheap, rack mounted power amp, and gonna get me a nice w/d/w setup ....learn some mid era VH.....and grin in awe.

All the crap I hated from the 80s....now you don't have to be a millionaire to experience it ...kind of neat.

Just need to get a mixer to get it just right
I find wdw to be an incredibly fun and inspiring setup.

It's MUCH easier to setup on a Fractal device. I also set it up nicely on the QC even though I can't get as many effects in parallel on the QC.

If using pedals for this the parallelizer is fantastic. There aren't too many pedalboard-based mixers out there that I know of.

I find wdw to be an incredibly fun and inspiring setup.

It's MUCH easier to setup on a Fractal device. I also set it up nicely on the QC even though I can't get as many effects in parallel on the QC.

If using pedals for this the parallelizer is fantastic. There aren't too many pedalboard-based mixers out there that I know of.
To be honest, I could just get away with a split/tap, take off from my preamp signal then ...
6df90e5242ptQqnuRPHz6NHf4uzp6ePVBwGzYaA5.jpg

Run my dry preamp signal into the effects unit ...which would generate my l/r wet field....this w/d/w. Correct?

Last edited:
To be honest, I could just get away with a split/tap, take off from my preamp signal then ...
View attachment 27224
Run my dry preamp signal into the effects unit ...which would generate my l/r wet field....this w/d/w. Correct?
I have no idea what that cable is. Does it take a line level signal off the speaker output? Or is it just a splitter cable?

When doing what I assume is similar to the idea you're talking about, I used a Bray LO-1 line out converter. Out of the Bray, the speaker through element to my dry cab; the line output went to my wet effects and then to a separate stereo power amp and cabs.

What amp are you wanting to use for this?

I have no idea what that cable is. Does it take a line level signal off the speaker output? Or is it just a splitter cable?

When doing what I assume is similar to the idea you're talking about, I used a Bray LO-1 line out converter. Out of the Bray, the speaker through element to my dry cab; the line output went to my wet effects and then to a separate stereo power amp and cabs.

What amp are you wanting to use for this?
I'm essentially splitting the signal from my FX send with a ts to dual ts cable (M---→dual mono), one back into the FX return and the other to my FX unit for the right And left ..to a stereo power amp.

I shouldn't need line level, as I am using my Laney as the dry.....and then the signal from my FX unit run to stereo power amp...which is just my dry signal then split into stereo and wet.

The way I'm seeing it. This is a simple and cheaper way to accomplish what I want. As I can mix the effect a variety of ways in my FX unit. I don't need to kill dry or anything, I believe.....does this make any sense to anyone but me?

I know the "correct" way to go about this is far more technical and should be done with line level....but technically I would also run my amp to a load and do a bunch of other crap too ...im just trying to get there simple and easy ....using my FX unit to handle the mixing part. Because my dry (amp) just sends an instrument level to the effects.

Am I crazy?🤣

Last edited:
If you take the output of the FX loop send and split it; send one side of the split and send it to the FX return, and send the other side of the split to an effects unit...yes that should work.

The only thing you're missing out on is any flavor the power amp adds, including the effect of the cabinet's impedance curve. And you're only missing that in the wet cabs where it's not as important anyway.

So...go for it.

If you take the output of the FX loop send and split it; send one side of the split and send it to the FX return, and send the other side of the split to an effects unit...yes that should work.

The only thing you're missing out on is any flavor the power amp adds, including the effect of the cabinet's impedance curve. And you're only missing that in the wet cabs where it's not as important anyway.

So...go for it.
If anything I could run a power amp ir on wet side...I would have the blocks and power ...I think im on to something. Thanks for your help. I have enough stuff here to make the cable, and a power amp that would be a proof of concept could be sourced cheap used ... Alright, we are cooking now.

Thanks so much 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

this-is-a-really-good-idea-towelie.gif

Back