Beato Interviews Nuno

DrewJD82

Staff member
This is how I get nothing done!

I was surprised to see people debating if he used a delay on that cool part of the “Rise” solo AS part of the solo, like a .8th thing, glad he does here to show wussup.

And daaaaaaammmmmnnnnnn TSA didn’t get rid of that dude’s Cheetos!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

I’d love to have Nuno on here for the ’tone is in the ____’ debates. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This is how I get nothing done!

I was surprised to see people debating if he used a delay on that cool part of the “Rise” solo AS part of the solo, like a .8th thing, glad he does here to show wussup.

And daaaaaaammmmmnnnnnn TSA didn’t get rid of that dude’s Cheetos!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

I’d love to have Nuno on here for the ’tone is in the ____’ debates. :ROFLMAO:

Been waiting for this one, knew it would happen!

The Daniel Lanois interview was awesome too, hard to believe it was over 3 hrs long.

Popped up on my YT feed too. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. IMO, just Beato changing it up is good for me. I always seem to learn something I didnt know before from his various video formats.

I did watch the Billy Corgan, Butch Vig, Sting and pieces of a few other interviews. One night of insomnia, I watched the Steve Lukather and thought it was one of his best.

I really like this new version of Rick Beato better---with the long form videos/interviews.

Let the people we want to hear from speak. :beer

Yeah, outside of his “What Makes This Song Great?” vids, I can count the number of his solo videos on one hand. I don’t even have a problem with the guy, he just gets into theory stuff that I’m too lazy to be interested in. Love his interviews, though. He avoids lots of basic questions you can find anywhere and has the knowledge to really dive into the artist he’s interviewing.

Actually, it’s a lot like Howard Stern for me these days; there’s nothing else on the show I’m interested in hearing or seeing at this point, but I’m almost always down for an interview. That dude is seriously underrated when it comes to how well he can get info out of someone. It started back in the 90’s when he was still all edgy to people, asking pervy questions and finding a way to get the answers, but now that he’s moved past that stuff he gets some REALLY good insight from people you won’t hear anywhere else.

So true. Asking great questions is kind of an art form.

Also, making people feel comfortable enough to open up and share is not a given. That takes some skill, too.

Also, making people feel comfortable enough to open up and share is not a given. That takes some skill, too.

Or a little sociopathy.

d&d deal with it GIF by Hyper RPG

Rick has done some great interviews and I like his other content like "what makes this song good"

That, unfortunately, is an innate ability that I have with strangers. I don't get it, and never will, but I have it. People are WAY too comfortable with me, right off the bat, and tell me everything.

I was once in line at the post office, and a guy told me that his, (which turned out to be OUR), elementary school teacher sexually abused him.

In line. For 5 minutes. Howard Stern ain't got nothin on me.

Last edited:
Back