I’ll be seeing George Lynch here in a couple weeks…

DrewJD82

Staff member
I’ve spoken before about the bars that opened here after Covid and how they were trying to get the local music scene back up and running. Well, two of these venues have been getting national acts down here, I’m assuming it’s the same promoter due to the guitar-centric artists (Lynch, Nita Straus, Angel Vivaldi, Born Of Osiris….hahaha and Salive) but I was fairly surprised to see George Lynch is booked at the joint around the corner from me.

You’ll see the stage as soon as the video starts. This is the same joint I saw Nicko McBrain chilling in before his Bad Company tribute. My buddy owns the PA they use (not the practice PA hanging up, I think this video is from when they first opened) and it’s a great PA, they still mic everything regardless of 4x12’s/crowd size and it’s all coming out the PA, so it can get pretty rockin’ in there with volume…..but it’s still a bar. :rofl

Joey Belladonna’s Journey tribute is also booked here.

For shits and giggles, if there are any King Diamond fans here, I shot this the night my buddy Mike’s band did his KD/Mercyful Fate tribute (dude is a fucking KILLER guitarist!)

Just weird to be seeing a dude like Lynch at a bar like this. There’s a venue guys like Yngwie, Steel Panther and Sevendust play I’d think he’d be able to put some bodies in.

I love George Lynch and early Dokken. Full flipping stop. Dude is a beast. However; he likes to improvise in the live clips I have seen. And the OCD to a fault "I want the solos like the album George!" in me would plan on being irritated. But I still think it would be a killer time \m/ He was playing in some recent clips with the Vamp'd band in Vegas with that guy from Slaughter (?) on giutars and vox and that dude's voice was KILLER on those tunes. He should do a run with him.

Where do you live that music like this actually goes over? In NNJ, anything heavier than Poison clears a room.
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0691.jpeg

NW NJ
A little heavier than Poison lol.
Albeit a small venue .

George improvises a lot more now than he used to back in the day. So sometimes he's crap and sometimes the magic comes trough.
I respect that. Grew up on improvisers like Blackmore and Yngwie and they also can vary wildly night to night (back in their golden years, not now.)

I love George Lynch and early Dokken. Full flipping stop. Dude is a beast. However; he likes to improvise in the live clips I have seen. And the OCD to a fault "I want the solos like the album George!" in me would plan on being irritated. But I still think it would be a killer time \m/ He was playing in some recent clips with the Vamp'd band in Vegas with that guy from Slaughter (?) on giutars and vox and that dude's voice was KILLER on those tunes. He should do a run with him.
Lynch is my fav of all time in the early years , he had incredible tone and the right amount of aggression and melody , But he has been hit and miss for a long time and has over saturated the market with multiple side projects and collaborations that really don't go anywhere and the music frankly stinks , its almost like he has a personality disorder .
let see there was , Dokken , Lynch , Lynch/Pilson , the Band with Micheal Sweet , The band with Doug from KingsX
and onto his playing man he can shred but he also improvises like hell and also does not always land on his feet .
George all seems to believe he does not require any gain , and has been known to use a 50 Strat with single coils in a 68 plexis that's dry ands it sound like nails on the chalkboard . when he is one he is one of the greats
Honestly though I think the new Dokken guy Levin is way more Lynch than George has been in the last 10 years

Lynch is my fav of all time in the early years , he had incredible tone and the right amount of aggression and melody , But he has been hit and miss for a long time and has over saturated the market with multiple side projects and collaborations that really don't go anywhere and the music frankly stinks , its almost like he has a personality disorder .
let see there was , Dokken , Lynch , Lynch/Pilson , the Band with Micheal Sweet , The band with Doug from KingsX
and onto his playing man he can shred but he also improvises like hell and also does not always land on his feet .
George all seems to believe he does not require any gain , and has been known to use a 50 Strat with single coils in a 68 plexis that's dry ands it sound like nails on the chalkboard . when he is one he is one of the greats
Honestly though I think the new Dokken guy Levin is way more Lynch than George has been in the last 10 years
I wanted to pay more attention to that Tooth and Nail project. I also kind of liked that one off he did with Cory Glover on vocals as well? Beyond that; it was a few songs of Breaking, Tooth and Nail and Lock and Key in their entirety and a few choice cuts off Back for the Attack and that's it. But those songs and solos were golden \m/

Where do you live that music like this actually goes over? In NNJ, anything heavier than Poison clears a room.

Ft Lauderdale! This state is the birth place of death metal and that had a pretty big effect on the local music scene. We’re having a resurgence of it now that the bars like this are booking bands again. We lost all live music for nearly a decade, it’s just started coming back after covid. At first it was only metal bands, they were sick of being shoved in warehouses, but now we’re starting to get some variety popping up with your usual classic/blues rock bands making their way through.

I gobble up all the Lynch I can. Saw him 2x with Dokken in the 1980s. You could tell he and Don
loathed one another. Zero interaction on stage. They were fucking awesome, though. :chef

Best of his side projects is the KXM with Ray Luzier and Dug Pinnick. There are 3 albums and I have
had them all literally from the time of their release. Be cool if they ever did a run of shows. I don't think
that band ever played one live show.

The other is Shadow Train. George has been a big supporter of Indigenous Peoples in America and this
is a project that was paired with a documentary. The band is fire with some great vocals. Sadly, the singer
passed unexpectedly (motorcycle accident) and they didn't get to see it through to completion. It's an
awesome listen, though, for anyone who has not heard it.

George is also a luthier with his own company where he builds unique one-off guitars. He's sarcastic and
funny as shit, too.

And he got fucked by the Osbournes like countless other guitarists. Kind of a rite of passage.

That's a pretty small venue! Are they charging a fair amount at the door to cover?

When George and Jeff were on Tone Talk together a year back or so George was
busting Dave's balls about a Sig Amp. It was hilarious, and very awkward for Dave.

I kind of hope they do something like that---and the amp is more of a vintage leaning
Plexi/Superlead style Marshall. Mostly, because that kind of amp doesn't really exist
in the marketplace.

Ft Lauderdale! This state is the birth place of death metal and that had a pretty big effect on the local music scene. We’re having a resurgence of it now that the bars like this are booking bands again. We lost all live music for nearly a decade, it’s just started coming back after covid. At first it was only metal bands, they were sick of being shoved in warehouses, but now we’re starting to get some variety popping up with your usual classic/blues rock bands making their way through.
That’ll be 2-3 hours away. If I can book a weekend and make the trip worth it, I’m into it.

I’ve spoken before about the bars that opened here after Covid and how they were trying to get the local music scene back up and running. Well, two of these venues have been getting national acts down here, I’m assuming it’s the same promoter due to the guitar-centric artists (Lynch, Nita Straus, Angel Vivaldi, Born Of Osiris….hahaha and Salive) but I was fairly surprised to see George Lynch is booked at the joint around the corner from me.

You’ll see the stage as soon as the video starts. This is the same joint I saw Nicko McBrain chilling in before his Bad Company tribute. My buddy owns the PA they use (not the practice PA hanging up, I think this video is from when they first opened) and it’s a great PA, they still mic everything regardless of 4x12’s/crowd size and it’s all coming out the PA, so it can get pretty rockin’ in there with volume…..but it’s still a bar. :rofl

Joey Belladonna’s Journey tribute is also booked here.

For shits and giggles, if there are any King Diamond fans here, I shot this the night my buddy Mike’s band did his KD/Mercyful Fate tribute (dude is a fucking KILLER guitarist!)

Just weird to be seeing a dude like Lynch at a bar like this. There’s a venue guys like Yngwie, Steel Panther and Sevendust play I’d think he’d be able to put some bodies in.

Dude that place is tiny. Cannot imagine having to play in such a small place especially for Lynch

Back